This Forum - Will it be deleted?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
CalluM

This Forum - Will it be deleted?

Post by CalluM »

Hey guys, once the phpBB3 software has been officially "released" as it were, will this forum be purged along with all the members? (Area51.phpbb.com/phpbb) Just i'm only registered on this board and I intent to hang out here as long as it's around...

Sovereign

Re: This Forum - Will it be deleted?

Post by Sovereign »

No, I think it will become a development board for the next version of phpBB
Salute!!

Admiral Sovereign

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

IIRC, this board has been around since before 2.0 was released, so I'll second what Sovereign is saying, I'd expect it to just remain the testing ground for the next phpBB version.

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

"area51" has definitely taken on a new meaning for me (outside of aliens and all that good stuff :) ) with this being a "phpBB Development Board" as it is a pleasure as well as a priviledge to have and to get to use it; one can surely hope that it remains (as I surmise it will, as in the past) as we transition into 3.2, 3.4, 4.0, etc...

manoj

Post by manoj »

wait....
that means that it would just run on phpBB3 with just a bit of modifications until it started becoming phpBB4, right?
Or is there a real real real early CVS of phpBB4 already?

Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

manoj wrote: wait....
that means that it would just run on phpBB3 with just a bit of modifications until it started becoming phpBB4, right?
Or is there a real real real early CVS of phpBB4 already?

No there isnt, and its more likely to be 3.2 I believe, as the Community coding projects are expected to be completed for that deadline if memory serves me correct...

Yawnster