phpbb Donation?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Nevset

phpbb Donation?

Post by Nevset »

Is there a need for cash donations to keep phpbb going and up to date and secure? If so what is the best way to donate and ensure that it will be used to develop phpbb? Thanks and keep up the good work! -Nevset nevset@gmail.com

DigitalShadow

Re: phpbb Donation?

Post by DigitalShadow »

nope there is no donation as such except if you buy Bertie Bear for example or have a look at one of the annoncements SHS(i think) made over at phpbb.com
((perfect timing-_-, i wasnt able to log in this weekend cuz Dad thinks this site is bad and that your all the spawn of Satan....hmm go figure^_^))

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

You can buy a t-shirt too. :D

Drexion

Post by Drexion »

DigitalShadow wrote: nope there is no donation as such except if you buy Bertie Bear for example or have a look at one of the annoncements SHS(i think) made over at phpbb.com
The team makes 0 profit off those bears, they are sold at manufacture price.
Nevset wrote: If so what is the best way to donate and ensure that it will be used to develop phpbb?
One excellent way of assisting with the project is spending a little time in the phpbb.com support forum now and then, helping people and giving advice to those who need it. Theres always someone new who needs a helping hand :)

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

If you're gagging to lighten your wallet, then have a gander at OSUOSL's Rackathon 2006:

http://osuosl.org/contribute/rackathon" target="_blank

... also hosts many projects aside from phpBB. :P
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

DigitalShadow

Post by DigitalShadow »

Drexion wrote:
DigitalShadow wrote: nope there is no donation as such except if you buy Bertie Bear for example or have a look at one of the annoncements SHS(i think) made over at phpbb.com
The team makes 0 profit off those bears, they are sold at manufacture price.

well the whole phpbb project is a non profit one :roll: plus they do gain something from the bears. Bertie Bear helps to spread phpbb into the world ;)
((perfect timing-_-, i wasnt able to log in this weekend cuz Dad thinks this site is bad and that your all the spawn of Satan....hmm go figure^_^))

d4rkst4r123

Post by d4rkst4r123 »

can you imagine a world without phpbb? *shudders*

Omnidon

Post by Omnidon »

d4rkst4r123 wrote: can you imagine a world without phpbb? *shudders*

Ahh! You're gonna give me nightmares for weeks! :o

Aardvark Freak

Post by Aardvark Freak »

Who gets the money from all the ads on phpbb.com then? That's got to be pulling in at least several thousand dollars each month, if not more.

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Aardvark Freak wrote: Who gets the money from all the ads on phpbb.com then? That's got to be pulling in at least several thousand dollars each month, if not more.

Hardware and software licenses aren't free. ;)
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way