I Know This Is Asked Alot...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
MKruer

Re: I Know This Is Asked Alot...

Post by MKruer »

Rowan wrote: I know that this question is probably asked alot but im new to this forum so bear with me.

When will the FINAL release of the new phpBB3 be released to download?

Thanks ;)

Not to say that I know anything more then anyone else, but Beta1 was released ~2 months ago, so I would guestamate that Beta3 or RC1 will be out around mid October. However that being said, It looks like there is about 40% less bugs being reported in Beta2

Beta1 seemed to average around 80 bugs in the query at any one time, beta 2 seems to be only 50. This could radically change BTW

Also dont belive a word that I say. :mrgreen:

brucecw

Post by brucecw »

MKruer wrote: Beta1 seemed to average around 80 bugs in the query at any one time, beta 2 seems to be only 50. This could radically change BTW

That doesn't tell you how many bugs are being reported and fixed, only the current queue length. And since some of the oldest items in the queue are things which might not make it into the final release for 3.0, that artificially inflates the queue length - so that makes you numbers overly pessimistic.

In fact for a while right after beta 1 came out there were usually around 100 bugs in the queue, so 50 is a much bigger improvement than the estimate you give. It only settled down to about 80 after about a few weeks or a month.

APTX

Post by APTX »

SamG wrote:
harmlessgoat22 wrote: ...it was SHS that supposedly banned me.
This is maybe the second time I've seen a banned user active here. Not sure what's up with that.

Does this mean that somebody has to file a bug report?
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

dhn

Post by dhn »

APTX wrote:
SamG wrote:
This is maybe the second time I've seen a banned user active here. Not sure what's up with that.

The developers are already on it.

APTX

Post by APTX »

I didn't expect anything less... :P
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

dhn wrote:
APTX wrote:
SamG wrote:

The developers are already on it.
And what about this one? Click on the post called "phpbb Donation?", which is at:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24759
...and get this message: "Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/sites/area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php on line 1246"

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

I got that too, only on that topic, and it works fine now.

Really weird.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Ectoman

Post by Ectoman »

I get an error like that on a few other pages.

I bet we will see a useable version of Olympus soon. Just as long as there are no more updates to the database you can use any of the files from Beta 1.5+.. I'd probably use the CVS and update once a week.