Update Attachment Mod

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
ashras99

Update Attachment Mod

Post by ashras99 »

Need little help on updation of this attachment mod.

If i read correctly then i have to override the existing files of the mod. and then run the update_to_latest.php

I am right? and what's about the existing..data? hope that will not gone anywhere... data on my forum is more than 1GB, so i have to take a backup of all data?

I am using attachment mod 2.40 so which other files i need to update and first run a installer or first upload the files? update directly or run through EM

Please tell me step by step, if possible.

ashras99

Re: Update Attachment Mod

Post by ashras99 »

Someone told me on the phpbb board that...

easiest way to update attach MOD: using changed files only from xxx to 2.4.3 pack

but if you updated your core phpBB using methods other than manual update or patch file, you'll have to reapply core file changes required by attach MOD.

Anyone can through light on this because i updated my forum through EasyMod.

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

This MOD author really doesn't do a good job of creating Update scripts to modify the existing files. If you have command line access to your site, you can download and run the Patch Update. Unfortunately most either don't have that access or they don't know how to do it. It is not the best option to offer the general population...

I suggest you download and unzip the Changed Files Attachment Mod Version 2.4.3 (ZIP File). You will find an included file named 2.4.0_to_2.4.3.zip. Unzip it into a separate folder, perhaps named 240_to_243. Be sure to maintain the directory structure when you unzip the file. If you want to use EM to install this, I created this simple little MOD script that you can run in EM...

Code: Select all

################################################################# 
## MOD Title: File Attachment Mod 2.4.0 to 2.4.3 Update
## MOD Author: Acyd Burn < N/A > (Meik Sievertsen) http://www.opentools.de/
## MOD Description: 
##	This Mod updates the Attachment MOD 2.4.0 to 2.4.3  
##	This Version has been tested and works with phpBB 2.0.20.
##	This Version will NOT work with phpBB2 Modules designed for *Nuke Portals or phpBB2 Ports.
## MOD Version: 2.4.3
## 
## Installation Level:   Easy 
## Installation Time:   < 1 Minute 
##
## Files To Edit:   0
## Included Files:  8 
##
## License: http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU General Public License v2
##
############################################################## 
# 
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------- 
# 
copy *.php to *.php
copy admin/*.php to admin/*.php
copy attach_mod/*.php to attach_mod/*.php
copy attach_mod/includes/*.php to attach_mod/includes/*.php
#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]--------------------------------
#
# EoM
Unfortunately if you have installed any MODs that modify the Attachment MOD code, then you will have to reapply any code that was overwritten by this Update...

ashras99

Post by ashras99 »

ok, i updated manually, please tell me how i know it is really updated and which version now it is?

well after running latest_to_update.php gives message completed successfull and now delete the install folder. For now everything is looking working fine.

But sometime i get a page can be displayed when press a submit button during posting. What can be reason of this? any server problem. I have set a phpmail function.

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

If you successfully uploaded the designated files from the Attachment MOD update to the appropriate destinations, overwriting the existing files, then you can be sure that you are running the latest version of the MOD. Since the MOD author failed to provide a MOD script to update the code, there is no way to check to make sure the new code is there, but I'm sure it is if the upload was successeful...

If you have an intermittent Page Not Found error when you submit a message, it could from several different problems. Without knowing more details, it's really hard to guess why this is affecting you. It could be a problem with your host. If this doesn't happen every single time, it will be almost impossible to diagnose. It isn't likely to be a permissions problem nor a missing file problem since the submission is often successful as well. If you can pinpoint a scenario that is easily repeatable, then it would be a lot easier to find a solution...

ashras99

Post by ashras99 »

Well there is no repeating scenerio, likee when i update the mod that time.. i get a problem once...after that no problem and posting is working fine.

But few days before too same problem happens. Infact, from last few days when i send a Mass Mail to the forum users through SMTP then also get a page can not be displayed page but actually mail is send to all the users.

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Does it tell you which Page can't be found???

ashras99

Post by ashras99 »

when posting then shows in the header http://www.xyz.com/phpbb/posting.php" target="_blank but actually message is posted and if i press a back button and submit again then double posting is done of same reply.

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Maybe if you go into your Error Logs in your CPanel, you can get a better idea of what is going wrong. There really isn't enough information now to understand the problem or suggest a solution for it...

ashras99

Post by ashras99 »

While posting an attachment same problem again comes... by pressing a submit button "page cannot be displayed" shown but no entry for this in error log.

I also want to know if i set a maximum width and height for any image in ACP for attachment mod then bigger image comes as a link, but i want to show them reesize to smaller size or thumbnail. Please tell me how to do this?