Log me automatically not working properly.

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
ashras99

Log me automatically not working properly.

Post by ashras99 »

On my forum "Log me automatically" is not working fine. Every time when i open a forum may be IP changed or not i have to login in. Please tell me what i will do?

Before this working fine..but when i update my forum through EM and run a Auto cookie mod http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=228741" target="_blank after that this problem starts.

Please suggest what i do?

Nightrider

Re: Log me automatically not working properly.

Post by Nightrider »

What is the Cookie path in General Admin Configuration in your ACP? If it isn't set to / you might want to try it. If you changed the cookie path using the Auto Cookies MOD, you and all of your members will have to clear the cookiesto your domain in your browser...

ashras99

Post by ashras99 »

cookie path is /

seconds: 3600

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

I believe if I remember correctly, the Auto Cookies MOD only modifies the Cookie path and after you are done using it, you are told to delete the MOD. So if everything worked correctly before using the MOD, chances are all that needs to be done is to delete your domain cookies in your browser(s) to get everything working correctly again...