Is there a list of the mods that could be installed with EM?

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
flesh

Post by flesh »

(I am sorry if I shouldn't make a topic for this question but I really didnt found anything :( )

Nightrider

Re: Is there a list of the mods that could be installed with EM?

Post by Nightrider »

All MODs in the phpBB MOD Database will install using EM. If you run into a Conflict between a MOD and your phpBB code, post the problem here and I will be happy to walk you through it...

flesh

Re: Is there a list of the mods that could be installed with

Post by flesh »

Nightrider wrote: All MODs in the phpBB MOD Database will install using EM. If you run into a Conflict between a MOD and your phpBB code, post the problem here and I will be happy to walk you through it...

Oh you really are a nice man !
Ill have a lot of questions I thoink but i'll start with this ... trying to install the mod Online/Offline/Hidden 2.2.7
I have thiese problems:
Error Detail

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subBlack/memberlist_body.tpl] could not find:

<td class="catBottom" colspan="{%:1}" height="28">&nbsp;</td>

MOD script line #827 :: FAQ :: Report

Error Detail

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subBlack/overall_header.tpl] could not find:

.helpline { background-color: {T_TR_COLOR2}; border-style: none; }

MOD script line #1052 :: FAQ :: Report

Error Detail

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subBlack/subBlack.css] could not find:

.helpline { background-color: #DEE3E7; border-style: none; }

MOD script line #1071 :: FAQ :: Report

... what to do :?: :(

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

I just happen to have the Online/Offline/Hidden MOD and I have the subBlack template files, so I may not have to ask you for text links to your files...

Ok, do this:

OPEN
install.txt

FIND

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
REPLACE WITH

#
#
	  <td class="catBottom" colspan="{%:1}"
FIND

#
#
REPLACE WITH

#
#
.helpline
You will still get a warning error on the subBlack/overall_header.tpl file since the code that the MOD script wants to find doesn't exist. But the MOD is also adding code to the CSS file too, so it shouldn't be a problem ignoring the Warning error for the subBlack/overall_header.tpl file and continuing with the install...

Save, upload, and try again using EM...

flesh

Post by flesh »

Nightrider wrote: I just happen to have the Online/Offline/Hidden MOD and I have the subBlack template files, so I may not have to ask you for text links to your files...

Ok, do this:

OPEN
install.txt

FIND

#
#
REPLACE WITH

#
#
	  <td class="catBottom" colspan="{%:1}"
FIND

#
#
REPLACE WITH

#
#
.helpline
You will still get a warning error on the subBlack/overall_header.tpl file since the code that the MOD script wants to find doesn't exist. But the MOD is also adding code to the CSS file too, so it shouldn't be a problem ignoring the Warning error for the subBlack/overall_header.tpl file and continuing with the install...

Save, upload, and try again using EM...

ooh cool, man it's working ... but I tought that this image would show in the profile and under the avatar ... just like in this forum ... why It's not like this :?: do i need another MOD or ?

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

If the MOD doesn't add the link the same as here, then that is because the MOD author didn't design it to do that. What you see here is the standard layout for phpBB 3 Olympus. The MOD you just installed was designed to install into phpBB 2 and probably predated the layout found here...

Maybe if you read through the MOD topic, you might find a workaround that would display the Online/Offline status image under the avatar as you had wanted. Since all the underlying code is already in place, you might be able to modify it to do that yourself. It actually shouldn't be that big of a challenge. You could copy the images that you find here and use them too...

flesh

Post by flesh »

Nightrider wrote: If the MOD doesn't add the link the same as here, then that is because the MOD author didn't design it to do that. What you see here is the standard layout for phpBB 3 Olympus. The MOD you just installed was designed to install into phpBB 2 and probably predated the layout found here...

Maybe if you read through the MOD topic, you might find a workaround that would display the Online/Offline status image under the avatar as you had wanted. Since all the underlying code is already in place, you might be able to modify it to do that yourself. It actually shouldn't be that big of a challenge. You could copy the images that you find here and use them too...

ok thanks ... but are you shure that the MOD works on your forum ... because now i saw that when I browse my profile and it's showing that i am offline ... what should i do ... help, please

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

No, I don't know that it works in my forum. In fact, there is always a chance that I removed it somewhere along the way. I don't see the option in my View Topic page right now...

If the MOD doesn't work as advertised, then you might be able to find out why in the MOD topic over in phpbb.com. There may be workarounds or patches to get it to work on newer phpBB versions...

flesh

Post by flesh »

It works now! :) in the topuc towd me what to do ... in fact i had only to run the sql part by phpMyAdmin :)
However, now I have another question!
I am now tryin to install the mod for last visit and it shows me this problem
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [groupcp.php] could not find:

generate_user_info($group_moderator, $board_config['default_dateformat'], $is_moderator, $from, $posts, $joined, $poster_avatar, $profile_img, $profile, $search_img, $search, $pm_img, $pm, $email_img, $email, $www_img, $www, $icq_status_img, $icq_img, $icq, $aim_img, $aim, $msn_img, $msn, $yim_img, $yim);

what should i do ?

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

I have the Last Visit MOD v1.2.9em by Niels, but I don't see this code in the MOD script. Can you provide a download link to the MOD plus a text link for you groupcp.php file???