Jabber Settings

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
stubbers

Jabber Settings

Post by stubbers »

Gday all,
I'm about to start using Jabber and I was just wondering if the dev team (and/or anyone else) can tell me what the Jabber settings on phpBB 3.0 do... I realise it sends a message via Jabber to people but how do you select where the message goes. Does it go to the same user as it logs in as... Etc...

Cheers,
Stubbers

Cap'n Refsmmat

Re: Jabber Settings

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

It goes to the Jabber account specified by each user. If they receive a PM and they set a Jabber account, they get a message on Jabber.

VxJasonxV

Post by VxJasonxV »

User Control Panel -> Profile -> Your Profile -> Jabber address (!)
Just like every other piece of contact information in a person's profile.
"If You Support It, They Will Come."
"Construction"

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

Ideally the admin could tell phpBB to sign up with the AIM transports and such, and phpBB would then send the users AIM messages as well... perhaps 3.2.

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

Ok, now I understand. I thought it would only send messages to the Admin... I got confused... It all makes sense now...

Cheers,
Stubbers

VxJasonxV

Post by VxJasonxV »

Cap'n Refsmmat wrote: Ideally the admin could tell phpBB to sign up with the AIM transports and such, and phpBB would then send the users AIM messages as well... perhaps 3.2.
Ideally, closed/proprietary messaging services go the way of the wind and disappear.
"If You Support It, They Will Come."
"Construction"