Why is Olympus called Olympus?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Re: Why is Olympus called Olympus?

Post by Highway of Life »

Hahaha! @dhn

Hey Spambot, I think you are right, other releases of Olympus should be major features on the Martian turrain, or large mountains/volcanos on earth.

But I think other major releases, such as phpBB4, 5 and 6, should be Saturn and Jupiter, since they should only go bigger! ;)

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

I'm not sure how many mountains we are aware of on the Gas Giants.

Though, we could do storms. Unfortunatly phpBB 4.0 Great Red Spot doesn't quite work...
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

NeoThermic

Post by NeoThermic »

dhn wrote: Unfortunately my suggestion of german Kaisers was not considered. :(

Apparently phpBB 3.0 Karl did not sound as hot as expected. But I was pretty sure that my NATO code names for Soviet block aircraft (phpBB 3.0 Flanker) or Jazz subgenres (phpBB 3.0 Hard bop) ideas were going to make it until subBlue came along with his stupid Martian mountains. :(

There were quite a few ones that were not considered. :(

Such as capital cities in the countries/states the current team members ("We have stopped work on 2.2, and now we are coding London!" just has a funny ring about it) and uh, Chronicles of Narnia references? We were smoking something rather good when we considerd for 0.002 seconds 'pokémon'...

However, if we had of kept dhn's idea of Peter Sellers' characters, this could be phpBB Strangelove... somewhat apt ;)

NeoThermic
phpBB release date pool!
The NeoThermic.com... a well of information. Ask me for the bit bucket so you can drink its goodness. ||新熱です

SamG

Post by SamG »

Lastof wrote: Though, we could do storms. Unfortunatly phpBB 4.0 Great Red Spot doesn't quite work...
:lol: That was good.

Saturn's rings are majestic and all, but phpBB 4.0 Cassini Division doesn't have a lot of flair either, does it.

TrevorB

Post by TrevorB »

phpBB Smoking Crater Hole has a certain je ne sais quois...

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

liked the name galaticus (sounds big )
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

Why not try, phpBB 4.0 Gargantuan :P

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

:idea: Let's call it after old phpBB2 boards! We can have phpBB 3.0.0 2.0.6!

TrevorB

Post by TrevorB »

Great thinking spambot! Now we will forever be sure of our phpbb version, with zero confusion. All hail the version nickname god!

...No wonder they don't listen to us users...

NeoThermic

Post by NeoThermic »

spambot wrote: :idea: Let's call it after old phpBB2 boards! We can have phpBB 3.0.0 2.0.6!

We thought of that one. It would of made phpBB 3.0 be phpBB 3.0 1.4.4 ;)

NeoThermic
phpBB release date pool!
The NeoThermic.com... a well of information. Ask me for the bit bucket so you can drink its goodness. ||新熱です