Signatures improvement

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
genero

Signatures improvement

Post by genero »

Hey phpBB!

I've got a suggestion for y'all.

Instead of let the user signature be a part of their post, rather make it a part of the theme.
Of course, the users have to deside how their signature's gonna look like, and what it's gonna be,
but I think it's a great idea to put signatures IN THE BOTTOM of a users post. Hope you get mye point,
otherwise - tell me, and I'll make a screenshot.
Great Stories Have Been Told, None of Them Were True

genero

Re: Signatures improvement

Post by genero »

OK. I didn't want to check in here so often, so I just made the screenshot to visualize what I ment...
.. Minor improvement!

Original-image at the buttom, modded in the top.
Attachments
orig.jpg
(172.28 KiB) Downloaded 1095 times
mod.jpg
(174.39 KiB) Downloaded 1123 times

d3v1lish

Post by d3v1lish »

Dang, man... agaisn't all known logic, the Dev Team actually added it! Save for the fact that there is an empty cell on the left.

genero

Post by genero »

Ok, The Dev team misunderstood me. Look at my "mod"-picture one more time, and you'll see.

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

This is a test and i wanted to change it for weeks. Currently it is only visible here...

This topic only reminded me of this. :)

genero

Post by genero »

Ok! :)

Can you at least try out the way I've explained it in my image, so I can see how it looks?

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

genero wrote: Can you at least try out the way I've explained it in my image, so I can see how it looks?

Sorry, no. :) I do not think it works, because at the moment the seperator is not a hr, it is __________ (so, breaking on other resolutions and will never look like your screenshot).

Though, i am still unsure about the left cell - somehow it looks "wrong". And i am not a designer btw. ;)

genero

Post by genero »

I agree with your sight at the empty cell to the left. But what is there to do about that, really?

genero

Post by genero »

OK. I see that the same thing is done in the "Who is online"-area at the index-page.
But I don't have the template in front of me right now, so I don't get to se the code used there.
My guess is that it's quite easy.

Can you manage to figure it out, Acid?

Edit: Dude, you are working too fast for me! Problem seems to be solved.

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

A few things I don't like about this now. Mainly, the report button.
Picture 3.png
BooHoo, you messed up my tomfoolery with my sig. ;(
(39.38 KiB) Downloaded 955 times
Picture 2.png
Not only is it out of place, it's levitating
(41.53 KiB) Downloaded 937 times
I think the report (and the post detail and warn) buttons would look better next to the quote and edit buttons, since their current position doesn't seem to be consistant with the rest of the style, and they have a tendency to hang in midair halfway up the box in a short post.

I'm also not sure about the "last edited line". Firstly, because it messes up the fun I was having with my sig. But mainly because it also hangs in midair. I think it would look nicer be just above the signature, just above the line, "clinging" to it
Picture 1.png
It just looks out of place.
(55 KiB) Downloaded 954 times
And I also agree with the empty cell. I think it may look better if the upper line for the sig looked slightly different from the rest of them (different shade might work, but a dashed line all the way across would be best.)
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"