Colour Blind

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
BarrieUK

Colour Blind

Post by BarrieUK »

Although this is not a bug, I wondered if it had been taken into account in the registration system. I have downloaded the beta board and gone though the registration process. I am Red and Green Colour blind and almost missed one of the letters on the graphic authentication. Just a thought. Great looking board though, not looking forward to upgrading when it is eventually released.

Chris Archer

Re: Colour Blind

Post by Chris Archer »

If you feel uncomfortable with it you can disable visual confirmation system or make it look more friendly in ACP.
The mirror never sees itself.
The reflection never is itself.

Graham

Post by Graham »

It's been noted before that at least one of them has issues if you are red-green colour blind and there is still work to be done on them. It might be worth you filing a bug report on it anyway for reference detailing which of the images it was which caused difficulty (I suspect I know, but information from someone having that sort of problem is always beneficial to allow us to improve it)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

PatrikStar

Post by PatrikStar »

i don't like the visual confirmation that well but because its so huge but if you enable it then disabled most of the confirmation settings you get a black and white confirmation image and its not so huge

DavidMJ

Post by DavidMJ »

PatrikStar wrote: i don't like the visual confirmation that well but because its so huge but if you enable it then disabled most of the confirmation settings you get a black and white confirmation image and its not so huge

Yes, disabling all policies enables the less advanced, non-GD CAPTCHA. That CAPTCHA is guaranteed to work on all hosts, regardless of server configuration but is far easier to perform OCR on and is thus a weaker and inferior image. We are actively pursuing ways to make sure the CAPTCHA is passable by color blind individuals.
Freedom from fear

PatrikStar

Post by PatrikStar »

dont mind color but the images are so huge i dont like it that big i have a good resolution and it still takes up most of my screen

Owatonna

Post by Owatonna »

I agree the image is way to large. On all resolutions.

TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

heh I too am colourblind but I just about managed to see it. I dont think it is really something that needs to be changed, surely you are used to the red-green thing now Barrie, no one ever thinks about our 'disability'! :lol:

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

I've thought about that before, so some of us do think of it, especially when dealing with the CAPTCHA.

I've always wondered. If you are red-green color blind, do both red and green look red, or green?
Is it even possible to know this?

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

I beleive that the dev's should leave in all the policy settings as this allows users to choose their own policies, thus a large number of different types of images can be generated, as well as a large number of different codes. However I agree, the image is FAR too large for general use, perhaps another setting allowing the user to decide the size of the image.

I also support the feature (I beleive I read somewhere it was to be implemented by RC1 or Final, can't remember) allowing a preveiw of the image in the administration panel.

Try turning everything on... You can't even read the image!! :lol:

Cheers,
Stubbers