Could not obtain EasyMod information when installing mod

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
hsim

Could not obtain EasyMod information when installing mod

Post by hsim »

Heya folks
I tried to install this mod http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=399374" target="_blank http://www.gotechzilla.com/files/EXreac ... %20ACP.zip" target="_blank using EasyMOD 0.3.0
It is my first time trying to install something with EasyMOD.
First it asks me to confirm the SQL statements, and says that it executed them successfully.
On the next step, it b0rks though. I see the following message:

EasyMOD - Automatic MOD Installer
beta (0.3.0)

General Error
Could not obtain EasyMod information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : -1 ERROR: syntax error at or near ")" at character 117

INSERT INTO phpbb_easymod_processed_files (mod_processed_file, mod_id) VALUES ('includes/usercp_register.php', )

Line : 3612
File : admin_easymod.php

Powered by phpBB 2.0.21 © 2001 phpBB Group

I hope you can help me, thanks :-)
email me: hsim at gmx.li

Nightrider

Re: Could not obtain EasyMod information when installing mod

Post by Nightrider »

The mod_id value is missing in the SQL statement and I can't explain how that happened. The MOD is probably installed though. Adding records to your phpbb_easymod_processed_files table is one of the last actions that EM does after modifying the phpBB code. It appears that this MOD includes some ACP options, so you should be able to adjust the settings there now...

hsim

Post by hsim »

It is very unsatisfying to not know what exactly happened with the various modifications and which ones might have failed etc.
I tried to install other mods and they all fail with this error.

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Did you have any trouble installing EM???

I don't think the MOD installs are failing. Only the records to your phpbb_easymod_processed_files table are not being added. This problem shouldn't prevent the MODs from being installed though. Can you varify whether the MODs are installed inspite of this error???

hsim

Post by hsim »

Yes the mods are indeed being installed.

As to whether they are really installed properly, and nothing failed during the process, is what I am worrying about.
I would assume this is a bug in EasyMOD.

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

hsim wrote: As to whether they are really installed properly, and nothing failed during the process, is what I am worrying about.

If the MOD does not get installed, you will see a different error message than you are. By the time EM is updating the EM tables, the MOD script has already been successfully applied to your board code. The logging of what files were modified is one of the last steps that EM has to do. The missing logs don't adversely affect the code that was modified. It might cause a problem if/when you ever want to Restore the EM Backups though. I'm not sure whether or not EM uses the records in the phpbb_easymod_processed_files table when restoring the files stored in your backups folders. I hope it doesn't because that would be totally unnecessary...
hsim wrote: I would assume this is a bug in EasyMOD.

You are free to make that assumption, but it isn't likely to be true. It would amaze me that after all this time and after all the sites that EM has been successfully installed on and is working fine, that you would uncover a bug that hasn't affected anyone else...

The more likely explanation is that there is a problem on your server or in a setting. You may have a corrupt table, corrupt file, and/or permissions problem. You should check the database user permissions in your CPanel to make sure it has FULL Privileges to your database. I don't know if phpMyAdmin has a utility to test and correct any database/table corruptions, but you should check to make sure...

I use MySql-Front to correct corrupt tables. I also installed the Optimize Database MOD to keep the tables running at their best. You can also install the DB_Maintenance MOD, which provides a wide range of functionality that you can use to maintain and repair your database. I couldn't find this in the phpBB MOD Database, so I'm not sure where it came from. So I made it available on my site for download. Just download the DB_Maintenance.zip found in the downloads/phpBB/MODs/Admin section:

DB_Maintenance.zip

hsim

Post by hsim »

I've checked my database, recreated it, optimised it, maintained it, there's no problem there.
I don't see how this problem could have anything to do with server settings? I also have full permissions to everything.

Restoring backups does not work :/...

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Have you checked the database user permissions in MySql in your CPanel? Make sure they are set to Full Permissions...

hsim

Post by hsim »

Well I don't exactly have a cpanel but as I wrote I have full permissions to everything.

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Ok, I'm just looking for an explanation and solution to your problem. How do you set the database user permissions???

Do you know how to use echo statements in the code to try to track down the root of a problem???