Is quick-reply a part of the new version?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
masu

Post by masu »

asmith3006

Re: Is quick-reply a part of the new version?

Post by asmith3006 »

I'm going to just make sure that people don't miss the point of your reply...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hope we're clear :)

EDIT: Although I'm guessing there will be a mod for Quick Reply about three minutes after phpBB goes gold.

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

Quick Reply is already a part of my Olympus.. For the author of this topic, I'd like to add this (old one):

asmith3006

Post by asmith3006 »

That was genius :)

Aldenhier

Post by Aldenhier »

lol sweet video! :P AWESOME! :)

TwistedWeather

Post by TwistedWeather »

This i believe is worse then QR but intrestingly enough i dont see none of you all blasting away at it. :?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22674

Oh and to the topic started let me inform you that most ( If not ALL ) of all the replies here are from mod authers. This is one of the main reasons why the developers i believe wont add what i believe to be the MOST REQUESTED feature. In short. Blame the modders. ( Well some of them anyways ).

If you really want QR as a core part of your forum then i suggest ALL THE REST because ALL THE REST of the forum solutions out there ( BOTH FREE and paid for ) do have it in the core system. ;)

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

I posted this reply in the other thread about a Skype/VoIP-field, but in order to prevent that thread from clouding with YAQRD (work it out ;)) I am moving it here.
TwistedWeather in http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22674 wrote: It amazes me that some such as myself ( In the past ) have gotten lambasted by a few people here including a couple of developers for asking about QR but yet they say notta about these requested features which btw are MORE FITTING for the terms the developers/examples use for QR. The ole chatroom theory. :?

I would be inclined to think that adding more ways for people to chat to eachother outside the forums actually reduces the chance of the forum itself degrading into a chat room. The "ol' chatroom theory" (and please let's not get into whether that is valid or not again) was never about preventing people to contact eachother and enjoying some light chit chat. Just preferably not on the board where all messages are persisted and where it possibly clouds the more useful conversation that is worth persisting (again, I'm not implying anything at all about the validity of the theory that QR stimulates that kind of behaviour).

Also, I think the strong reactions to QR have very little to do with the feature itself; I suspect they are mainly because it keeps being brought up again and again, and the answer has remained the same as long as it has been brought up. I'm sure that if the developers and others had strong feelings against a VoIP field, and it would keep being brought up by others, it would get the same "holy war" character as the whole QR thing.

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

We don't really want this discussion again, do we?
It's funny that we have quite a lot of these "will quick-reply be in the new version" posts. Somehow it appears that a lot of those asking for quick-reply are the same who do not search for previous posts about quick-reply and just post a quick new topic (often just one line).