Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
TwistedWeather

Re: Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Post by TwistedWeather »

DragonlordP wrote: Yes, today would be great. Anyway, I think we're really really close even if they don't make it today, I mean there's only 4 bugs left and I think we never had less than ten until today... Upgrade scripts should be ready by now, as the bugs in the last weeks I think didn't require any db changes (could be wrong), so once they get rid of the last bugs they should be able to release beta. I know some bugs will still be posted, but come on, that's what betas are for, they'll have RCs to try and make bug-free.
The thing to remember is that there is no SHOW STOPPER bug's before release of beta. And my guess would be those bug's related to security issues ( Admin stuff, server, etc. ) Thats what i believe they wanna avoid as far as bug's go. I could be wrong.

DragonlordP

Post by DragonlordP »

Obi_Wan wrote: It would really be a perfect day for a beta release and when I try olympus on my test machine it runs quite well.

However when beta is released the next question of some users wouldn't be "when will beta be released" but "when will final be released" or even moan about errors etc etc.
Well, yes, you can blame the users for being impatient but it's the most logical thing to do when a project takes three and a half years (so far). The team will have to be a little more patient with the questions until Olympus is officially released, I'm sure that with 3.2 this won't be the case (unless it takes four more years :P )
And if anyone moans about errors, well that's what betas are for you morons, if it didn't have any errors it would be called final.
you live it or lie it

http://www.electricrequiem.com" target="_blank
greek metal forums and more

Obi_Wan

Post by Obi_Wan »

DragonlordP wrote:
Obi_Wan wrote: It would really be a perfect day for a beta release and when I try olympus on my test machine it runs quite well.

However when beta is released the next question of some users wouldn't be "when will beta be released" but "when will final be released" or even moan about errors etc etc.
Well, yes, you can blame the users for being impatient but it's the most logical thing to do when a project takes three and a half years (so far). The team will have to be a little more patient with the questions until Olympus is officially released, I'm sure that with 3.2 this won't be the case (unless it takes four more years :P )
And if anyone moans about errors, well that's what betas are for you morons, if it didn't have any errors it would be called final.
I moan about errors in Microsoft products. Should I call windows XP a beta therefore? ^^
May /dev/null be with you!

Schumi

Post by Schumi »

There has been added a new category to the bug tracker - "phpBB 3.0 Documentation" :D
"If sharks die, the sea dies" - Andy Cobb, ambassador SHARKPROJECT South Africa

DragonlordP

Post by DragonlordP »

Obi_Wan wrote: I moan about errors in Microsoft products. Should I call windows XP a beta therefore? ^^
Well, Microsoft should.
you live it or lie it

http://www.electricrequiem.com" target="_blank
greek metal forums and more

havocovah

Post by havocovah »

It is patently unfair to be comparing XP with phpbb.

after all... we have xp

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

havocovah wrote: we have xp

How long have they been working on vista...
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Obi_Wan

Post by Obi_Wan »

havocovah wrote: It is patently unfair to be comparing XP with phpbb.

after all... we have xp

Yes it is unfair. After all phpBB works much better and faster.
Schumi wrote: There has been added a new category to the bug tracker - "phpBB 3.0 Documentation"
This make me really nervous.
May /dev/null be with you!

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Sweet, sounds like it will be hear soon. :P
Today would be perfect, then when I get back tommarow from my party(that I leave for in a few hours) I will have something to play with. :mrgreen:

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Schumi wrote: There has been added a new category to the bug tracker - "phpBB 3.0 Documentation" :D
That category has existed for as long as the 3.0 Bugs... the permissions got screwed up on the upgrade/maintenance yesterday. Sorry... nothing to see here.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way