This place is heavily modded!

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
DaneeBoy

This place is heavily modded!

Post by DaneeBoy »

Area 51 is heavily modded, is there any where I can find a list of mods installed on this board? I'm mainly interested in using the User Control Panel on my site.

Any pointers would be great:!:

Thanks,

Mr.BecKer

Re: This place is heavily modded!

Post by Mr.BecKer »

I don't think this belongs here...

SamG

Post by SamG »

Actually, area51 isn't MODed at all. What you see here is the development board for the next version of phpBB, codenamed Olympus, and all this is built-in stuff.

Mr.BecKer

Post by Mr.BecKer »

SamG wrote: Actually, area51 isn't MODed at all. What you see here is the development board for the next version of phpBB, codenamed Olympus, and all this is built-in stuff.
I thought that's what it was...

DaneeBoy

Post by DaneeBoy »

Oh cool I cannot wait until Olympus goes public then. I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong forum.

Thanks,

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Actually, anyone can get it...
http://area51.phpbb.com/cvs/" target="_blank

I wouldn't reccomend you use it for anything other than a demo board though. And there is no way(publicly) that you could upgrade your 2.X board to 3 yet, so don't ask. :P

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

You forgot there is no support for this board yet as its in developments fase.
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Hey EXr,

Just a quick opinion question really...
If you were starting a new forum (tomorrow), and you had board technologies to pick from.
Assuming you would pick a phpBB technology, would you choose phpBB2 or pre-beta Olympus?

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Rotsblok wrote: You forgot there is no support for this board yet as its in developments fase.
I know there is no support for 3 here(there are other support boards for 3). I was just telling him how to get it in the first place(which I don't count as support). And that if he doesn't know much about php/mysql/html he should only use it as a demo board to play around with. :P
Highway of Life wrote: Hey EXr,

Just a quick opinion question really...
If you were starting a new forum (tomorrow), and you had board technologies to pick from.
Assuming you would pick a phpBB technology, would you choose phpBB2 or pre-beta Olympus?
Olympus(I can keep track of the database changes myself, then when the beta comes out I can upgrade to that, and after that it will have an upgrade path for each version), but if I didn't know as much about phpBB, php, mysql, and html as I do now(even though it isn't much) I would take phpBB 2.

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

EXreaction wrote:
Rotsblok wrote: You forgot there is no support for this board yet as its in developments fase.
I know there is no support for 3 here(there are other support boards for 3). I was just telling him how to get it in the first place(which I don't count as support). And that if he doesn't know much about php/mysql/html he should only use it as a demo board to play around with. :P
I know that you know but i just was letting him to know it as well. Cos you were nicely summing up everything i thought he should know as well.

Dammm lost of know in that sentence. :roll:
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it