Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Re: Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Post by Highway of Life »

spambot wrote: Very annoying..
Exactly, however, as Mod, it's easy to moderate this.

Here is how... Say the topic ID is 55 (You can tell by the URL: ../viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55
Got to the MCP for that topic: ../mcp.php?i=main&mode=topic_view&t=55
Then you can edit or delete the offending post.
While you are at it, you might want to issue a warning or ban the user.

LEW21

Post by LEW21 »

I know, that using [style] tag is not secure, but I wrote about it to stop HTML-lovers talking about adding HTML enable/disable option to phpBB3.
phpBB3.pl - user-friendly Polish phpBB3 support

Lieutenant Clone

Post by Lieutenant Clone »

Highway of Life wrote:
spambot wrote: Very annoying..
Exactly, however, as Mod, it's easy to moderate this.

Here is how... Say the topic ID is 55 (You can tell by the URL: ../viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55
Got to the MCP for that topic: ../mcp.php?i=main&mode=topic_view&t=55
Then you can edit or delete the offending post.
While you are at it, you might want to issue a warning or ban the user.
We are forgetting the average phpBB admin/mod would not know how to do that, and would probably spaz out about hacking. And its still annoying :P . Good soulution though, you would think there would be another way around it thats more user freindly though. Wait cant you choose to delete a post right of the forum index? You could in 2.0.x, would be a shame if you cant now, I liked that...
Dennis Robinson

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Lieutenant Clone wrote: Wait cant you choose to delete a post right of the forum index? You could in 2.0.x, would be a shame if you cant now, I liked that...
Since when could you delete a post from the forum index in phpBB2? :?
The only place that I know of that a post can be deleted from is the modCP and the viewtopic in phpBB2. :shock:

Pharaoh Atem

Post by Pharaoh Atem »

I kinda am glad that phpBB3 is not coming out soon... err, at least in 2 months! I am moving and I will probably not have internet access for two months, so I know I won't miss anything. Here is how I know: There are TOO MANY bugs to be done, and as soon as you all get your hopes up, the number of bugs doubles. So, I suggest you continue to get your hopes up, at least for the month of June 8O
Besides, I need to go buy a new dedicated server, the one I have is full of Partly Modded phpBB and AdvancedArticles installations (lots of testing and bug fixing!)... This next dedicated server is just for phpBB3, so as soon as I have it, a slew of bugs will be reported! :mrgreen:
Some of you are gonna be mad about this, but think about it this way: MORE BUGS FIXED!! Yeah! This means that our favorite forum software will be more stable than before! Although I think phpBB3 has gotten pretty stable.... Wait, I probably shouldn't say that... :?

Lieutenant Clone

Post by Lieutenant Clone »

EXreaction wrote:
Lieutenant Clone wrote: Wait cant you choose to delete a post right of the forum index? You could in 2.0.x, would be a shame if you cant now, I liked that...
Since when could you delete a post from the forum index in phpBB2? :?
The only place that I know of that a post can be deleted from is the modCP and the viewtopic in phpBB2. :shock:
You can in 2.0.x. viewforum.php > "You can moderate this forum" at bottom with the other permissions. Click it and you can mass moderate. (deleteing, marking, moving, etc...)
Dennis Robinson

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Lieutenant Clone wrote: You can in 2.0.x. viewforum.php > "You can moderate this forum" at bottom with the other permissions. Click it and you can mass moderate. (deleteing, marking, moving, etc...)
Oh, ya, thats what I mean by the modCP in phpBB2... :P
(and you can access that menu through the moderator control panel in the forum you are looking at. :D

Highway of Life

Oh man, I feel dumb.

Yes, there is a more user friendly way.
While in Viewforum, click on ModCP, then click on the topic you want to Moderate.

simple.

Pharaoh. It is 95% stable in it's current form. And look at it this way, area51 has been open to the bublic for a long time, it's good enough (RIGHT NOW) to handle tens of thousands of memebers.
Maybe more. :D

Orry Verducci

Post by Orry Verducci »

Pharaoh, also, just because it contains bugs it doesn't mean they can't release a beta version. The definition I've always known of beta software is that it is feature complete but still contains bugs (possibly majour ones) and is in the development phase of removing the bugs and improving the performance where possible.

Highway of Life

Highway of Life wrote: What the?!?!
I just reached the custom BBCode limit!
at 16!?
How do I increase that limit?
It can't be a bug because it gave the error: You cannot create any more BBCodes. Please remove one or more BBCodes then try again.
Now that is interesting, I just deleted a few of the BBCodes to make room for more, but when I tried to add a 11th BBCode, it gave me the same error You cannot create any more BBCodes. Please remove one or more BBCodes then try again..

Anybody else have more than 16 BBCodes or got that error?