Is this feature in phpbb3???

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
RandomNinjaAtk

Is this feature in phpbb3???

Post by RandomNinjaAtk »

I know after reading the list of features it wasn't stated but, Like in VB would the hybrid mode of posting look be available???

Thats when the users avatar and the info on the side currently is on the top of the post and the sig is still on the bottem! Like this: http://www.thegamerslounge.org/forum/sh ... .php?t=250" target="_blank

Thanks,
RandomNinjaAtk

*note im not requesting just wanna find out if it is and maybe wasn't on the list*

Lurttinen

Re: Is this feature in phpbb3???

Post by Lurttinen »

If not. You can do it yourself by editing the template. Just move the stuff around.
It shouldnt be that hard.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Ya, you could pretty easily make a new template for that...

(personally I hate the way that looks...the older style of vB looks better IMO :P )

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

as has been said, you can mod the style or create your own. That being said, that's hideous.

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

Doesn't it completely ruin the flow of reading posts?
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

VxJasonxV

Post by VxJasonxV »

Lastof wrote: Doesn't it completely ruin the flow of reading posts?
Only because people don't know how to use it.
(Don't know how to reply to specific things instead of starting a new thread of comments, etc.)
"If You Support It, They Will Come."
"Construction"

Cheater512

Post by Cheater512 »

It also means my scroll wheel (and my finger) will wear out twice as fast. ;)

Graham

Post by Graham »

Personally I find that style seriously annoying. So no, neither of the styles that ship will look like that, but this is not a feature, it is something you can achieve if you really want it by editing a single template file
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Editing the template does mean it's controlled board wide, and wouldn't be a user preference (no idea if it is with vB). FWIW, because I hate that kind of layout too.

ronoxQ

Post by ronoxQ »

To be frank, the idea of "I don't like it, so no" is ridiculous. My vB board currently allows for all three (threaded, hybrid, and standard) views of forums, and it is a feature that all my users like. REPLACING the main templete with a new one doesn't solve the problem, it just switches the type of viewing. I like standard views. My best friend likes threaded: he says it helps him avoid spam. And this is one of he reasons I don't use phpBB: the last three times I've come on to ask about a feature, I get flamed (to be fair, not extensively, just a mild "no, I don't like it, go away" sort) about what I'm asking.

I was checking out Olympus because I had hoped it would finally make phpBB a competitive forum compared to Invision and vB, but so far from what I've read, I was mistaken.