Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
EXreaction

Re: Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Post by EXreaction »

ErikZ wrote:
I'm updating my copy to get the theme editor now.
Hurm, I just nuked and installed the latest CVS of 2.1. I've been wanting to get a head start on creating a new style for the board, but I'm not sure how. I create a new style called "Test" based off of the subsilver template, but there's no style components for me to work on.

Or am I looking in the wrong place? (Under the Styles tab)

Erik Z
Did you go into each of the cfg files in the new template folder and rename the style in that too?

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

I got some problems with styles aswell.. I copied the subSilver folder, renamed it and edited all the config files. But after installing the new style, everything goes blank. The style worked before I renamed it. Without asking for support here, I just want to check the system for any bugs. Has anyone successully added a new style?

Grok

Post by Grok »

Yep

ErikZ

Post by ErikZ »

EXreaction wrote: Did you go into each of the cfg files in the new template folder and rename the style in that too?
What new template folder?

From the command line, checking the "Styles" directory only shows CVS and subsilver.

From the "Styles" tab within PhpBB, the only existsing style is Subsilver.

Erik Z

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Ya, there is a CVS folder in every single folder if you download a copy of the anon CVS...there is nothing really importiant in it(I don't know much about CVS...so you would have to look into it if you want to know...but you are fine if you just delete them)
spambot wrote: I got some problems with styles aswell.. I copied the subSilver folder, renamed it and edited all the config files. But after installing the new style, everything goes blank. The style worked before I renamed it. Without asking for support here, I just want to check the system for any bugs. Has anyone successully added a new style?
Worked fine for me...how old is your version?

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

I update the CVS daily, but my style is a little older. The style is working perfectly, but when I rename it (and edit the config files) it goes blank. I'll do some testing on another board aswell..

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Spambot, Handyman is going to do a clean install with our forum, then we'll be able to test your style.

If anybody else would like their style tested, you may post the zip attachment on our board and we can test it for you with the May 23rd Snapshot.

TwistedWeather

Post by TwistedWeather »

sky.strife wrote: I certainly they release a beta here soon (within the next month or so), because my hosting company is upgrading to php 5 and the current phpBB version (2.0.x) doesn't suppot php 5 from what I understand.

Boy wouldn't that stink to have to abandon phpBB because it didn't support the latest php verson. >_<

I would think they would have added php 5 support already, but I guess not. Olympus will work with php 5, I assume?
Yesterday marked a month from this post. And from what i seen in the bug tracker a minute ago my guess is that we wont be seeing beta for ATLEAST another month because the bug reports keep rolling in. Plus i believe they still have another feature to add before beta release. Yeah i know it wont be 100% bug proof but still a good number of bugs keep getting reported everyday as they should be.

gutterballk7

Post by gutterballk7 »

The more bugs we report and the longer we wait, the more perfect it will be :mrgreen:

Lieutenant Clone

Post by Lieutenant Clone »

gutterballk7 wrote: The more bugs we report and the longer we wait, the more perfect it will be :mrgreen:
Ah, so we could wait till 2050 and have an even more perfect release? Still not perfect though, We would have to wait for infinity to have a truly perfect release. Wait, that means it can never be truly perfect... so mabey we will have beta before all the bugs close? There is always going to be something that someone thinks is a bug... ;) :mrgreen:
Dennis Robinson