The Olympus Conspiracy Theory

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
yexusbeliever

The Olympus Conspiracy Theory

Post by yexusbeliever »

The Olympus Conspiracy Theory!

There are more fans for phpBB than any other BBS in the world. Due to this, phpBB have enemies. They are enemy to vBulletin, IPB, and other BBS even though they did nothing to them.

The competition driven in the heart of vB, IPB, and other BBS yearns for the destruction of phpBB, especially with the announcement of the upcoming Olympus!

Two years ago, organized teams from some BBS decide to plan the destruction of phpBB. They first attack phpBB developmental project leader, Paul. First they begin simple vast invasion of mental attacks. They send in the words that can hurt, saying that phpBB coding sucks. They begin attacking with words of insults to the codes. Words after words, the deterioration of our developer's mind weakens. Soon he is about to collapse, but knowing that he is going to fall he decides to do the best thing to save his life.

A battle won for the evil teams as Paul resigns. They weaken him to the point where he can not stand. So he no longer engage in the warfare, even though he did not know that spies had infiltrated phpBB Olympus Discussion.

Paul's hard work did not go to waste as new development leader is organizing a spreadfast workout. Yet the organized teams are coming back.

Recognizing that the production proceeds still, they begin posting bugs. To acquire frustration to the bug testing team, these evil and manipulative people decides to post up bugs to the phpBB team. Now the phpBB team is working hard to see if the bugs are true. The more bugs they get the slower they reach a goal to releasing Olympus. Thus the goal of these people will achieve.

The Olympus Conspiracy Theory!

You all can have a laugh at my conspiracy theory. I am waiting bore for phpBB Olympus to come out, so all these funny theories are coming out of my mind.

What theories can you think of?
hmm....

SamG

Re: The Olympus Conspiracy Theory

Post by SamG »

No conspiracy theory is necessary. It's well known that the developers delayed release by one day for every post asking about the release date. By last count, the release has been postponed until somewhere in 2015.

In the meantime, phpBB will be released as php Baker's Buddy, a full-featured recipe program.

[I'm almost certain we're going to get in trouble for this…]

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

SamG wrote:
[I'm almost certain we're going to get in trouble for this…]
I hope not because of freedom of speech. It is total fictional. Hmmm.. I am just fantasizing of conspiracies. And I just like to see who have other conspiracies. :mrgreen:

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

yexusbeliever wrote: I hope not because of freedom of speech.
What side of the forum did you wake up on today? :P

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

SamG wrote: No conspiracy theory is necessary. It's well known that the developers delayed release by one day for every post asking about the release date. By last count, the release has been postponed until <snip>
Actually, the developers withdraw their hands from their keyboards and shut down their PCs every time someone posts here asking about: the release date, where one can get a copy, Quick Reply, cash mod, karma, why it's called phpBB 2.1/2.2/3.0, or any one of a host of other things. It's like staying up late to catch Santa Claus (Father Christmas) coming down the chimney.

Just let the elves (developers) and the reindeer (submitters to the bug tracker) do their work, and that bugger will finally come down the chimney one day. It might even be just a tad before Christmas Day...

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Lol, nice way to put it rivaldo. :D

APTX

Post by APTX »

I don't feel like a reindeer. :P
My conspiracy theory: The devs have found new hobbies.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

rivaldo wrote: ... It might even be just a tad before Christmas Day...
The current theory predicts Christmas day, stuffed in a big red stocking, and with a nice Teddy Bear included.

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

lol... Patience is the key too not going insane here... Something which this site has taught me too develop...

Thanks for all the hard work you are putting in guys... Can't wait for the release!

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

really creative, rivaldo!

:lol:

Dang! I can not think of anything to beat his controversy. Hahaha!
hmm....