Just download Olympus!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Slayter

Just download Olympus!

Post by Slayter »

Link: [Removed]
Password: [Removed]
Demo: [Removed]

Just get it, realy.
Life is life
I prefer: Offspring & Oomph
Dev-in: php+MySQL, c++, perl+dbi.

SHS`

Re: Just download Olympus!

Post by SHS` »

Whilst a Russian traslation effort is admirable... it really is too early in the game to do this. We would not consider it wise to do any translation work till at the earliest RC1.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

Slayter

Post by Slayter »

I haven't time for search at this forum and I will ask you here.
When will be released RC1?
I ask because I want to translate it in Russian.
And why you delete links?
Why beta isn't public?
Life is life
I prefer: Offspring & Oomph
Dev-in: php+MySQL, c++, perl+dbi.

DigitalShadow

Post by DigitalShadow »

Why beta isn't public?
because it is not beta yet.
When will be released RC1?
when it is ready for being RC1!
((perfect timing-_-, i wasnt able to log in this weekend cuz Dad thinks this site is bad and that your all the spawn of Satan....hmm go figure^_^))

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Slayter wrote: I haven't time for search at this forum and I will ask you here.
What makes you think we have time to answer your questions then?

Orry Verducci

Post by Orry Verducci »

At the moment their is no release date for the beta, release candidates nor the final release. As it's always been said, it will be ready when it's ready, but the team has hinted of the beta being released soon.

KAN

Post by KAN »

Yes, but many people including myself have started to get tired from waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting...

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

So whats the problem, you knew you had to wait and you you're getting annoyed??? Grow up.
I love waiting and watching the grass grow. Can we postphone the release for another 4 years????
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

KAN wrote: Yes, but many people including myself have started to get tired from waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting...
Yes. How long have you been waiting? I bet we can find a significant number of people who have been waiting longer, and are still waiting, without nearly as much complaint.

There is a thing that some people call a virtue, and it's not whingeing, or crying like a baby.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Aldenhier

Post by Aldenhier »

Lol... 3.0 will be released when it is released, and not a second sooner, no matter what you say. So stop trying to urge the devs to release it now... because it's not ready. There are bugs all over the place, and some of the features aren't even finished now. And that's why it's not BETA. Sure they are letting you post bug reports, but some of the features haven't been completed, so it can't be BETA yet. And FYI, waiting isn't so bad. If you want to use phpBB, either be content with 2.0, code a whole new forum software of your own (and see how long it takes you, since you probably have a job and/or school and probably wont be getting paid to do it besides donations; that's why it's taking the phpBB team so long). Or you could download a CVS and use it (however, this isn't suggested, as, as i said before, CVS isn't stable/complete). Ummm yeah... cheers!