Quickreply template.

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
ChALkeR

Quickreply template.

Post by ChALkeR »

I am going to write a quickreply MOD when the beta is out.

No php code at this moment, because the phpBB3 code might change etc :).

But I have already created a template for it.

(this picture just shows how does it look like being <!-- INCLUDE -->-ed from viewtopic.html without adding any php code.)

The "Optinos: BBcode, [img], [flash], Smilies" thingy is right under the smiles.

The template may be not quite finished (because of the vars), but it will look like that.

If somebody needs this template now they can PM me, I'm not putting the link here because it will probably get deleted... Or am I mistaken?
Sorry for my bad English....

DigitalShadow

Re: Quickreply template.

Post by DigitalShadow »

looks nice, but after seeing your screenshoot i ask myself if there is any need for the Post Reply left. I think a quickreply should have only options for a quick reply (maybe a link to the smilies and the bbcodes "B","U" and "I" not more) and not replace the post reply.
((perfect timing-_-, i wasnt able to log in this weekend cuz Dad thinks this site is bad and that your all the spawn of Satan....hmm go figure^_^))

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

I'm using a simpler version for some time now, also without PHP code. It's fully functional though :)

ChALkeR

Post by ChALkeR »

No attachements, drafts or preview there.
Everything else fits ok.

ChALkeR

Post by ChALkeR »

spambot wrote: I'm using a simpler version for some time now, also without PHP code. It's fully functional though :)
Php code here is needed to load lang, permissions, settings and smilies....
Without it (just the input field) it can be done easily without using php code.

DigitalShadow

Post by DigitalShadow »

ChALkeR wrote: No attachements, drafts or preview there.
Everything else fits ok.
ok but still, if i will add a quickreply to my board then one with lesser options in it. i think thats more in the sense of a quickreply.
((perfect timing-_-, i wasnt able to log in this weekend cuz Dad thinks this site is bad and that your all the spawn of Satan....hmm go figure^_^))

ChALkeR

Post by ChALkeR »

I'm going to do mine like this.
=)

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Not bad...but a few things...

1. Move it down a bit...I don't think it should be shoved up into the posts above...give it a little room. :P

2. Make an option in the userCP, and adminCP...the users can decided if they want to see it IF its enabled in the adminCP. :)

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

don't include the font colour swatches or BBcode parts. quick reply by definition should be quick, and therefore not all fancy so I'd personally eliminate all that and just have the box and the submit button. vBulletin did Quick Reply very nicely IMO.

ChALkeR

Post by ChALkeR »

EXreaction wrote: Not bad...but a few things...1. Move it down a bit...I don't think it should be shoved up into the posts above...give it a little room. 2. Make an option in the userCP, and adminCP...the users can decided if they want to see it IF its enabled in the adminCP.
I will.
I will write the php part once the beta is out.

NNO-Stephen wrote: don't include the font colour swatches or BBcode parts. quick reply by definition should be quick, and therefore not all fancy so I'd personally eliminate all that and just have the box and the submit button. vBulletin did Quick Reply very nicely IMO.
Hm. I think the best thing to do is to allow configuring that from the UCP...