phpBB3 estimate..

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Yawnster

Re: phpBB3 estimate..

Post by Yawnster »

Thing is all the features are not complete.. Although there is a template editor in Hard Code.. There is no Interface for it yet.. However having said that yes a large majority of features are complete and are just awaiting Bug Fixes..

Yawnster

gian

Post by gian »

I think and hope that the devs will not realase phpBB3 as soon as they think it's ready to work in live enviroment. I prefer them to clean all the bugs first and make sure that there will be no need for 3.0.1 in 2 weeks.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

gian wrote: I think and hope that the devs will not realase phpBB3 as soon as they think it's ready to work in live enviroment. I prefer them to clean all the bugs first and make sure that there will be no need for 3.0.1 in 2 weeks.
As soon as they think its ready for a live enviroment it WILL be released...that will be when all, if not all major found bugs are fixed and its completely stable...when they think it is ready, any more waiting won't help...you can't find all the bugs until a lot of people start using it...and while its still in beta and RC stages, a lot of people shouldn't be using it...atleast not for anything but demo/dev boards. ;)

There will be a 3.0.01 2 weeks later if there needs to be...and the only reason for that would be a major security flaw...and I am sure there won't be...people will start attacking as soon as the beta comes out...so they should find the major ones before the final is released. ;)

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

Yep, I agree with EXreaction. Even if a bug tracker is open for pre-alpha testing, we really will not find alot of the bugs until it is officially release for public use. This way everyone can report the bugs faster. There will be some bugs that the devs will not find. That is why it will be the beta stages.

I am eager to see it out, even the beta version!
hmm....

Pharaoh Atem

Post by Pharaoh Atem »

yexusbeliever wrote:
VxJasonxV wrote: 1) You shouldn't post such definitive news here. Dumb lusers will take it as fact...
2) I'm not sure where exactly you get this estimate anyways. Elaborate?
It is true that some people may get the wrong idea.

Where did I get this estimate? It is from reading all the posts from the developers. They are trying to release phpBB 3.0 beta1. :D

Basically all the coding of features are done. So now they are clearing out all the bugs. So it is late in March that they release the copy for bug testing. If you check the bug trackers, they are working hard to clear every bugs they can. Of course every beta release will never have full error-free. That is why it is beta. But they want confidence of error-free.

My guess is that it may take them a little bit more than a month to clear those bugs reported to them. Then with confidence, they will release the beta version. :D

So the question is to what I estimate. I estimate about 21 days left. :D :mrgreen:
Pretty good estimate, based on your judgement of the forums posts and bug reports... My estimate is probably around mid-June they will release phpBB3 beta1... Estimated amt of days remaining: 50 days

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

As the days I count draws near, I am about to rip my hair!!!
hmm....

Silent Ninja

Post by Silent Ninja »

I estimate it'll be released at March 27 for 2035.

Maybe... 2 or 3 days before.
I hope.
Silent Ninja // http://www.agrisnk.com.ar" target="_blank

VxJasonxV

Post by VxJasonxV »

Because that joke isn't drawn out yet... :roll:
"If You Support It, They Will Come."
"Construction"

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

Yea.. I wont estimate that far. I know you and I are trying to have hope that Olympus will come out soon. That hope is dying for you bc it is such a long time for Olympus to get released. Do know that phpBB 3.0 beta1 is supposed to come out last month if there werent that many bugs.
hmm....

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Ya, if the bug tracker wouldn't have opened. I bet they would have released the beta quite a while ago...

CVS is nice...but I really wish they would remove the unused directorys... 8O