feature requests/suggestions? hope this is the right place..

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Grayle

feature requests/suggestions? hope this is the right place..

Post by Grayle »

seeing how phpbb3/oly,pus is coming along i7m pretty excited about it. i've been using phpbb2 for a long time then went around with pre-mods since phpbb 2 had lacked some things. btw, i need to ask: is phpbb 2.2.00 the same as phpbb3? or olympus? i'm unclear on this.
the latest stuff on this board that are cool are: thread subscription, subforums, a better control panel, etc.

however, some suggestions?
could we have s quick reply system added? how about a visual text editor? rather than view all in bbcode only? (or have the option between the two?) ajax seems to be the way to go nowadays... perhaps? getting rid of the msg page would be good. menaing when i post something i don't have to click to go back to the thread i posted, or qwhen i edit it tells me i've edited then return to page or goto index. cuz that page is a bit annoying (an acp option perhaps?) how about an RSS for tghe forum threads? the feed should be available for all forums and this forum only or even this thread only?

also when will this phpbb3 be stable for beta or even release? this area51 has been going on for years it seems...

Franklin

Re: feature requests/suggestions? hope this is the right pla

Post by Franklin »

Grayle wrote: seeing how phpbb3/oly,pus is coming along i7m pretty excited about it. i've been using phpbb2 for a long time then went around with pre-mods since phpbb 2 had lacked some things. btw, i need to ask: is phpbb 2.2.00 the same as phpbb3? or olympus? i'm unclear on this.
The next main release is phpBB 3.0, called phpBB Olympus.
phpBB 2.2.0 won't be released, instead of releasing phpBB Olympus
I'm German, so I can't speak English very well...

Grayle

Post by Grayle »

thanks at least that's cleared up... where is the dev/mod team? was hoping for a reply to my suggestions, etc.

Devc

Post by Devc »

You can't make feature requests or suggestions for phpBB 3.0, but you can make some for phpBB 3.2. There is an feature tracker on the project site of sourceforge.net, but it isn't activated yet. Yes "Area51" exists for a few years, because Olympus should be released in 2004. This board uses a CVS version of Olympus, it isn't even a beta version. But in a few weeks the first beta will be released.

Grayle

Post by Grayle »

uh... since 2004? a few weeks? (hopes...)

dhruv

Post by dhruv »

Well its in pre-beta (alpha testing) right now and they are taking bug reports and the like.
Bug Tracker
Open Bugs
Closed Bugs

So yes there is progress and a few weeks estimate for a Beta is probably not far off.

mansuetus

Post by mansuetus »

dhruv wrote: So yes there is progress and a few weeks estimate for a Beta is probably not far off.
I've waited for quite a long time :)

Well, let's explain :
developpement is very not sure. release date is utopic (I'm french, is it utopistic ?! ). Then, since phpbb tracker has opened, bugs get corrected (quite quickly BTW) so, when the bug tracker will become slower (less bugs opened) then phpbb will come alpha.

it will probably be in a few weeks.

(52 weeks is quite a few ^^ : I did not mean that phpbb team were slow : they just do a great work, and that requires a loooong time...)
Petite publicité pour mon site : on présente des horoscopes qui tuent, on propose des tests,
et si tu cherches bien, tu verras même un phpBB :-)
viens sur spontex.org !