= Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Lastof

Re: = Live Admin Panel Demo =

Post by Lastof »

Just noticed something I hadn't before. At the bottom of the index page, between the list of forums and the bottom breadcrumbs section, it has "Delete all board cookies" and "The team". The "The team" one links to a userlist just showing the admins and mods.

That's pretty cool.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

Lastof wrote: Just noticed something I hadn't before. At the bottom of the index page, between the list of forums and the bottom breadcrumbs section, it has "Delete all board cookies" and "The team". The "The team" one links to a userlist just showing the admins and mods.

That's pretty cool.
Yeah, I believe those are features from vBulletin.

Twillingate.info

Post by Twillingate.info »

I've noticed that too, phpBB 3 is so cool! 8) The final will only be released 1 second before I download it.
Administrator of The Fun Bucket

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

The permission system is either still buggy or still needs work becasue I can't get the forums to show up for Guest users....

Twillingate.info

I think members and admins should be able to see the forums by default instead of having to go into permissions and do it manually?

BondGamer

Post by BondGamer »

Wow, the admin panel is really nice. There are so many options but it is organizes really well. After a bit a time it is quick and easy to do anything you want.

Twillingate.info

BondGamer wrote: Wow, the admin panel is really nice. There are so many options but it is organizes really well. After a bit a time it is quick and easy to do anything you want.
Yes, I love the tabs and the organization. phpBB3 is such a great piece of software!

Texas Slim

Post by Texas Slim »

Dog Cow - thank you for letting us play around with the script!

What I've seen so far, we will need an extensive user/admin manual. I hope a whole army of people are working on it.

I do like what I see. This should be a great tool for online communities. Thank you Dev Team!
I'm here X

Twillingate.info

I can't get enough of phpBB3.

One bad thing :( This could be a huge target for hackers when it is released.

ve4jhj

Post by ve4jhj »

This is most interesting to play aroud with. Thank you to Dogcow and macgui for the opportunity to do this. However, i anticipate very shortly that the link to the page will be removed by one of the staff here, as this is somewhat spam-ish. However, it's a great learning experience. thanks muchly, and kudos to the Dev's who're hard at work on Olympus!
NO PM or IM support offered!!
thank you!