Release

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Martin Blank

Re: Release

Post by Martin Blank »

Eelke wrote: Wasn't there something about april 1st? Can't quite remember, but either phpBB2 wento to beta on that date or it was released. It wouldn't surprise me if they were steering for an april 1st beta release.
The Olympus Bertie Bear was to be available until the end of March or the release of the first beta, whichever came first.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Martin Blank wrote: The Olympus Bertie Bear was to be available until the end of March or the release of the first beta, whichever came first.
Huh?
Me in the Bertietastic announcement wrote: There shall only be 100 and you can pre-order them now, though if for some strange reason they are all pre-ordered before the end or March 2006 or before phpBB "Olympus" Beta1 is released (whichever is sooner), we'll make available a further 100 phpBB "Conquering Olympus" Bertie Bears.
The only thing "different" was that having had 50+ shift in the first 24 hours, I decided to make 200 available full stop.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

I was referencing a possible link for the April 1 date, suggesting that the poster had drawn the inference from that.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

cyberCrank wrote: With all the recent dev activity and CVS commits, announcements, and Bug Tracker activity, one can surmise that the BETA is so close that we can smell and almost taste it.
You took the words out of my mouth! I can smell the beta coming close!!!

And I download the CVS version. AWESOME!!!!! Far improvements made since the fall when I test it.
hmm....

Mizukori

Post by Mizukori »

Sorry to tell you, but this isn't a new generation of forums; phpBB2 is behind vB and IPB on what may look like the BBWars (but I'd take a free phpBB over a free vB or IBP (if there was one) any day).
I used vB for the past year and I hated every moment of it. Having just moved back to phpBB, I am once again very, very happy. I just hope to god Olympus is NOTHING like vB was...

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

It depends on how you like Olympus and vB. Preferrably if both are free at this point, I will go for vB because they have more mods out for their current version while Olympus is still new. But my main choice is that Olympus is free. And because it is free, I know that more mods will come out for it. So I await for it eagerly and rather not go for vB.
hmm....

Exige

Post by Exige »

Daedalus. wrote: As far as I can see Vista is going to be a beautiful, but still piece of crap. I would not upgrade to it.

And is Olympus actually behind ipb and vb? I'm talking about functionality.
I agree with you. I think Olympus is better than ipb and Vb. I have never liked IPB and VB is just too expensive.
Exige-Area51 Member

nwbasser

Post by nwbasser »

well vb does have a lot of new AJAX stuff in it now
But I'd still choose phpbb over it.

Cheater512

Post by Cheater512 »

I think the only problem with Olympus is its a little dated already. :(
They finalised the feature list before the new technologies came out/got popular (AJAX, RSS, etc...).

Other than that its great. :lol:

juuldr

Post by juuldr »

How many % is done of the development work?