Future phpBB 3 template ?

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
profpete

Re: Future phpBB 3 template ?

Post by profpete »

Nah, its too blue for that.... and it matches the "swirley" image that someone posted a while ago

itunes66

Post by itunes66 »

yeah i just figured that out, did not look at it enough
2 things i like about you hmm.. ill have to get back to you on that one

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

A robo told me that it was going to be in the same colour as the Rugby Union Jersey's of the Omicron Persei 8 team.
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio

ChALkeR

Post by ChALkeR »

Maybe it is the same style as ACP and install?
Sorry for my bad English....

DarkD45

Post by DarkD45 »

they've said it has nothing to do with subsilver... if you want it like the install and acp you could make your own :)

JCDenton

Post by JCDenton »

Hi, I have a few questions about this new style.
(They where probably answered already, but the bad search thingie says that the word im serching for "must not contain more than 0 characters" 8O)
So, here we go:

:arrow: Wiil it be based on tables?
:arrow: Wil it use the same solutions in css as subsilver? (like the "gensmall, genmed, gen" or "row1, row2" classes, i hated those :P)
:arrow: its going to be HTML Translational or Strict?
:arrow: how many fixes did you have to make for Internet Explorer to force that blasted browser (and all the other pseudo-browsers that use the trident engine) to display properly? And why dont you just give the IE users a black&white forum layout and write at the top of the page: "you wanna see how its supposed to look? Install a modern browser, like Opera or Firefox" :mrgreen: I know you want to do it :mrgreen:
:arrow: will it be able to make tee or coffee? (IPB makes terrible coffee :() Or at least hot chocolate?!

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

JCDenton wrote: :arrow: Wiil it be based on tables?
Tables where required. "Table-less design" is stupid as it just abuses HTML/XHTML is different ways.
JCDenton wrote: :arrow: Wil it use the same solutions in css as subsilver? (like the "gensmall, genmed, gen" or "row1, row2" classes, i hated those :P)
The id/class names are saner this time round, so the learning curve should be less, especially for those already familiar with structural HTML/CSS based designs.
JCDenton wrote: :arrow: its going to be HTML Translational or Strict?
Neither, it's XHTML. ;)
JCDenton wrote: :arrow: how many fixes did you have to make for Internet Explorer to force that blasted browser (and all the other pseudo-browsers that use the trident engine) to display properly? And why dont you just give the IE users a black&white forum layout and write at the top of the page: "you wanna see how its supposed to look? Install a modern browser, like Opera or Firefox" :mrgreen: I know you want to do it :mrgreen:
As much as I personally would love to send plain HTML to IE, there are a number of well documented CSS filters to get IE to work properly.
JCDenton wrote: :arrow: will it be able to make tee or coffee? (IPB makes terrible coffee :() Or at least hot chocolate?!
Hot chocolate making is Bertie Bear's job*. :P

*Actually, being a stuff toy, he can't really make hot chocolate, but then you knew that right? Right?!
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

JCDenton

Post by JCDenton »

SHS` wrote: Tables where required. "Table-less design" is stupid as it just abuses HTML/XHTML is different ways.
It would be possible to make a completely "table-less" layout, using display: table-cell to make elements look like tables, but the Browser That Must Not Be Named, doesn't know what that is ;( So I guess tables are a must, but I hope they won't be used to arrange menus like in the current style :P
SHS` wrote: Neither, it's XHTML. ;)
Strict or Translational? :D
SHS` wrote: Hot chocolate making is Bertie Bear's job*. :P

*Actually, being a stuff toy, he can't really make hot chocolate, but then you knew that right? Right?!
He can't? ... you just ruined my life ;( First they tell me theres no Santa, and now this ;(

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

JCDenton wrote: It would be possible to make a completely "table-less" layout, using display: table-cell to make elements look like tables, but the Browser That Must Not Be Named, doesn't know what that is ;( So I guess tables are a must, but I hope they won't be used to arrange menus like in the current style :P
Am quite aware of CSS tables using "display", since I make use of them on my own site. As I already said, where the semantics of a table are required, they shall be there. ;)
JCDenton wrote: Strict or Translational? :D
Maybe the former, maybe the latter... there are more flavours of XHTML than just those two incidently. ;)
JCDenton wrote: He can't? ... you just ruined my life ;( First they tell me theres no Santa, and now this ;(
Bertie is able to keep a hot beverage warm, being furry and all that. Though anything sweetened with honey, such as lemon tea... he'll probably swig it all whilst you aren't looking. ;)
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

Frettie

Post by Frettie »

i hope someone comes up with a dark gothic template this time ..for phpBB3 ..
still looking for such a template for phpBB2 though ...