Whois FuntKlakow

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
tZork

Re: Whois FuntKlakow

Post by tZork »

Sofar it seems to be unable to bypass visual confirmation, good. I have however been alerted by a freind of mine that there is ready to go libs out there designd just to understand VC's.. lets hope thise are not used, or even better phpbb's VC un "crack" able for em.

SynergyMod

Post by SynergyMod »

Just to chime in. My church's discussion forum got hit Saturday by FuntKlakow. I banned the user name, email address, and the entire range of IP addresses for Chello Broadband, as well as the entire range of IP addresses assigned to SocialInfoHub.com. I plan on setting up visual confirmation as well. FYI, the parent company of Chello Broadband is a US company LGI located in Colorado (http://www.lgi.com" target="_blank). I have a call into their IT director to see if he can help us out or direct us to someone who can. I'm sure that the magnitude of the issue should at least raise an eyebrow and maybe the parent company will address the concerns to Chello, which might be more effective than us emailing them. By the way, the LGI info email address is invalid on their page, but the phone number works.

God Bless,

John

Scout128

Post by Scout128 »

Yeah FuntKlakow joined my forum (http://thehuzzah.com" target="_blank) I banned him and he got unbanned.... So yeah Im gunna activate Visual Confirmation.

csdem-rep

Post by csdem-rep »

Hey guys,

I am a member of another forum (http://www.CS-Democracy.com" target="_blank). A friend of mine "Tucan" gathered a bunch of info on him. heres what he wrote on our board.

During my resent stay on Digg.com i came accross an interesting thing. "phpbb hack being prepared". Suposibly this guy is running a bot that auto signs up to phpbb forums (what cs-dem is running) and when phpbb announces a security update, they are already on your forum ready to impliment the bug.

now the fun stuff...

the name that he is using to signup for forums is "FuntKlakow"... not interested? well stay turned cause he is registered to our forum. Lets see what happends next. PS. Feel free to spam/hack/ do whatever you want to him, i dont care.

-Tucan

Links::
http://digg.com/security/phpBB_mass_hack_being_prepared_" target="_blank
http://www.issociate.de/board/post/3128 ... g_prepared_" target="_blank

The Best Counter-Strike Community :)

tejas

Post by tejas »

This cut is from area51 (this board) today at 5:42 am CST US. The fact he got on this board should answer a bunch of questions . Maybe this is the real person behind the bot paying a visit. I apolgize for being unsure/unable to notify people in real time.

~~~~