Whois FuntKlakow

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
PCTalk

Re: Whois FuntKlakow

Post by PCTalk »

I have not seen "him" on my forum yet and I do use the visual confirmation as well as manually approve all my new users.
Last edited by PCTalk on Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it isn't fun, why do it?

Stefft

Post by Stefft »

Let's get real, if phpBB 2.0.19 is vulnerabil, why is the phpBB Group so quiet?
I don't believe in the mass hack/attack story's. Just delete him, like you do by other bots.

ktmtalk

Post by ktmtalk »

Støf wrote: Let's get real, if phpBB 2.0.19 is vulnerabil, why is the phpBB Group so quiet?
I don't believe in the mass hack/attack story's. Just delete him, like you do by other bots.
Why delete him?? He'll just come back again and re-register.

Instead, why not just change his password?? That will keep him out and, prevent him from coming back again.

spywarewarrior

Post by spywarewarrior »

I would delete him, ban his email address and his IP. There's a mod that shows the IP address for each registration.

And several people have asked, to those of you that did have this bot register -- we want to know if you have visual confirmation enabled.

Is the bot able to bypass visual confirmation?
Suzi
SpywareWarrior.com

pentapenguin

Post by pentapenguin »

ktmtalk wrote: Instead, why not just change his password?? That will keep him out and, prevent him from coming back again.
If he wanted to, what's to stop him from using the "I forgot my password" link? ;)

And I haven't gotten it yet but I disallowed the username FuntKlakow and banned that IP address.
phpBB.com Support Team Member and Incident Investigation Team Member
My phpBB MODs || Professional phpBB Customization, Transfers, and Conversions

nastynotch00

Post by nastynotch00 »

ktmtalk wrote:
Why delete him?? He'll just come back again and re-register.
Rather than just deleting him over and over again, instead disallow the use of that name. You cant ban his ip if he doesnt post and it seems to me that on most forums he's registered he hasnt posted.

nastynotch00

Post by nastynotch00 »

I did a little research by going to google and searching for this name. After a quick look through roughly ten of the top listings with his name in a phpbb profile i noticed that NONE of those sites have VC enabled. I have a relatively small forum (which still has hundreds/thousands of pages in google) and havent had this guy register. I have VC enabled.
My point: Enable your VC and he wont register. Its a bot that is finding sites that dont have VC enabled. The thing i find most surprising is how many sites dont have it enabled.

Ralle

Post by Ralle »

http://www.psprimed.com/forum/search.ph ... FuntKlakow" target="_blank

Well it seems that he can say two things only

Oldfrog

Post by Oldfrog »

it seems to me that on most forums he's registered he hasnt posted.
I am betting that the ones that he hasn't posted on require email or admin activation.

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

Ralle wrote: http://www.psprimed.com/forum/search.ph ... FuntKlakow" target="_blank

Well it seems that he can say two things only
but maybe sounds like a female "she" robot you think? ;)