default user groups

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
agent00shoe

default user groups

Post by agent00shoe »

How can I set a default user groups for people who register? Does the "Registered" group do that already? Because I don't see any setting to indicate this.

-CC-

Re: default user groups

Post by -CC- »

Board description wrote: Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.

agent00shoe

Post by agent00shoe »

-CC- wrote:
Board description wrote: Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
So you don't know either. That post was most helpful!

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

agent00shoe wrote: So you don't know either. That post was most helpful!
The joys of playing with CVS is that you have to work things out for yourself. ;)

If you aren't able to work it out for yourself... wait for a supported beta. ;)
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

agent00shoe

Post by agent00shoe »

The joys of having a message board is that you can ask questions that other memebrs may be able to answer. ;)

-CC-

Post by -CC- »

agent00shoe wrote: The joys of having a message board is that you can ask questions that other memebrs may be able to answer. ;)
Right, but as mentioned a million times before, this is pre-alpha software and therefore unsupported.
If the phpBB Group would support it, there were thousands of threads saying "Why isn't xyz working?" - the aswer is simple: it's in development.

If you are searching for support to 2.x branch, go to main forums on phpbb.com.
Else, you'll have to wait until Olympus has reached beta stage.

Graham

Post by Graham »

You cannot set a default group for users - they go into one of 4 (if my memory is correct) standard groups depending on the board settings and what they choose when they register.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

bjarne

Post by bjarne »

-CC- wrote:
agent00shoe wrote: The joys of having a message board is that you can ask questions that other memebrs may be able to answer. ;)
Right, but as mentioned a million times before, this is pre-alpha software and therefore unsupported.
If the phpBB Group would support it, there were thousands of threads saying "Why isn't xyz working?" - the aswer is simple: it's in development.

If you are searching for support to 2.x branch, go to main forums on phpbb.com.
Else, you'll have to wait until Olympus has reached beta stage.
A language question: If this is pre-alpha code and the devs are working out the filnal (75 as of 30min ago) bugs in preparation for beta 1, where did the alpha stage go?

And before anyone boints it out: I know my spellling and grammar is bad, this post is not meant as language orrection I'm just a bit confuced about where we ar as far as progress

IIRC the developement of softwar usualy gose like this: Alpha (often internal) Beta (for publick testing and bug hunting) Release candidates (for final ajustments and even wider scale big hunt) finaly Release of ve x.xx.... An I misstaken here, is the dev team using a different workflow. I.m not a developer (never hasd the dicipline to learn programming) so plz correct me if I'm wrong.

Final note: Great news about he aproaching beta , thanks to a fantastic dev team. As the aying goes "He ho waits for something good ...."

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

The alpha stage has fallen away from many projects, as extensive testing happens during production, so the first releases in many cases are now marked betas. The CVS has always been open, and that has largely sufficed as an alpha.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

bjarne

Post by bjarne »

Ok that clears things up, tnx