phpBB 3.x.x and register_global ...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
aquila

phpBB 3.x.x and register_global ...

Post by aquila »

hi,

I've got a problem with register_globals settings. the phpBB 3/olympus appears to check for this value only in master settings, but does not reflect the local value :(

is there any way to override this ? I mean I have it set off locally but not globally ...

Yawnster

Re: phpBB 3.x.x and register_global ...

Post by Yawnster »

basically you need to go to your php.ini file.. and turn it off.. Mr Graham has outlined why this check was added, there isnt much else you can do about it.. Im not 100% sure whats the difference between locally and globally, im guessing your meaning localhost and your server.. If thats the case then maybe asking your hosting company to disable it for you would be the best policy..

Yawnster

aquila

Post by aquila »

Yawnster wrote: basically you need to go to your php.ini file.. and turn it off.. Mr Graham has outlined why this check was added, there isnt much else you can do about it.. Im not 100% sure whats the difference between locally and globally, im guessing your meaning localhost and your server.. If thats the case then maybe asking your hosting company to disable it for you would be the best policy..

Yawnster
well, I know the reason why this check was addeed. the problem is that you can set register_globals on a single domain and switch it off as well as you can set is a master value for the whole hosting.

the hosting company did switched it off localy for me, but globally i.e. for the rest it is switched on (master value).

so on my domain it is switched off (phpinfo()) shows it as well ...

the problem is how to force olympus to check only the local value ... and not the master value ..

-jm-

Post by -jm- »

Does this happen also with 2.0.x CVS ?
(sorry for this little OT)

aquila

Post by aquila »

-jm- wrote: Does this happen also with 2.0.x CVS ?
(sorry for this little OT)
well, the 2.0.x works just fine :roll:

Graham

Post by Graham »

We are still looking at what to do with respects to this code. The fact that the call to the PHP function that is supposed to return the value is returning the wrong value is interesting. I may later ask you to run a simple script and record what it returns so that we can see what it is doing
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

aquila

Post by aquila »

Graham wrote: We are still looking at what to do with respects to this code. The fact that the call to the PHP function that is supposed to return the value is returning the wrong value is interesting. I may later ask you to run a simple script and record what it returns so that we can see what it is doing
well, I don't mind this feature, I actually welcome it but I would like to see it also with the local settings working 8)

and I will gladly help you out with resolving this issue. btw. here is a screenshot of the php settings ..

[img=http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8325 ... 8ah.th.gif]

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8325/globals8ah.gif" target="_blank

Alexander the Great

Post by Alexander the Great »

I believe if you put "php_flag register_globals on" (minus the "") in your .htaccess then it will work..

ergo14

Post by ergo14 »

not everyone can set php settings in htaccess, for me it gives 500 error

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Contact your host :)