I am taking the code.

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
AdamR

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by AdamR »

FronServo wrote: I will laugh, and laugh, and laugh.
Ha Ha Ha Ha ...

Puting all jokes aside, I do honestly look forward to taking a look under the hood of your product upon release.

- Adam
A teacher is one who says, "Stand on my shoulders and reach higher."
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
phpBB Support: Search
My Blog: Technology Edition

pentapenguin

Post by pentapenguin »

Since I'm a fan of crime shows let's look at this in a detailed way.
Evidence:
1. No URL/website as of now.
2. Domain PhopBamb.com/.net/.org/.anything isn't even registered.
3. No demo.
4. No search results for "PhopBamb" on Google, MSN, Yahoo, and A9.
5. No SourceForge registered project (admittedly this isn't required, but SF.net is major portal for open source programs and does lend credibility to a project).

How can you have something as big as this and not have even a website?
Considering the domain isn't even registered, it looks like you may have some directional problems. ;)
Sorry, if you make a claim like that, you have to back it up with some evidence. ;)
phpBB.com Support Team Member and Incident Investigation Team Member
My phpBB MODs || Professional phpBB Customization, Transfers, and Conversions

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

/me has a brilliant idea

All right then, I'm going to do something I think FronServo really won't like.

Given that PhopBamb has to be released under the GPL (or it's illegal), I'll start forming a team of PHP editors now. When PhopBamb releases 1.0, I'll fork the fork and add several new features and a neat new style, while fixing every other problem I find. Then I'll release it on my own website, therefore diverting public attention to my own product, and I will become the one true PhopBamb.

Mwahahaha!

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

Cap'n Refsmmat wrote: Indeed, Mr. Blofeld.

/me puts on funny accent
Should that not be Mr. Blohard?
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

Fountain of Apples

Post by Fountain of Apples »

Marshalrusty wrote: This thread will go down in phpBB history.
It already has... ;)

I, just wanted to say...
On the behalf of everyone inside my body...

Thank You For Your Loyalty!!!

Everyone else who has been frustrated with phpBB3 taking so long has said "The heck with it, I'm going to vBulletin" or Invision Power Board or something like that. But not you! You were so loyal to us, knowing that phpBB is THE BEST BULLETIN BOARD SYSTEM EVER that you said "I'm going to use phpBB3, even if I have to finish it myself!" And you did! Oh! I love you!

And don't consider it STEALING the codebase! Everyone does that! Every single one of the millions of people who have downloaded phpBB2 have STOLEN the codebase! Every single line! They steal it, and thanks to the GPL, they are free to do whatever they want with it! They add themes to it---that's stealing! They install MODs---that's stealing! (However, we decide to call it downloading, which yes, is stupid.) But don't make it seem bad, you're stealing phpBB to make it the BEST ever!

So thank you thank you THANK YOU for your continued loyalty to phpBB!

--Fountain of Apples
phpBB MOD Team Member

P.S. From now on, anytime anyone "downloads" anything that's freeware, make SURE that you note that they are stealing it. ;)
A successful community begins with YOU. Tag, you're it.

APTX

Post by APTX »

So... where do I DL that thing? I'm still thinking that the name will be the couse of little popularity of the fork... but I'll check it out anyway.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

Fountain of Apples

APTX wrote: So... where do I DL that thing? I'm still thinking that the name will be the couse of little popularity of the fork... but I'll check it out anyway.
Try SourceFork.net.

Oof...bad joke there... :lol:

CTCNetwork

Post by CTCNetwork »

Hi,
FronServo wrote: You do know you will all soon be very, very sorry, correct?

Imagine how you'll feel when you realize this is all TRUE in due time. I will laugh, and laugh, and laugh.
Good to know you will be joining us in the laughter you have managed to create...

I was going to say that this topic was bordering on the inane, but it was well past the border by page 4!!!

Keep rocking us...

Des. . .
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
Uninvited PM's are Deleted. Uninvited IM's - You get a warning - and get blocked. Capiche?

BioALIEN

Post by BioALIEN »

FronServo wrote:
the_dan wrote: Well, you're currently just hot air, unless you'd like to substantiate what you're saying with some evidence?
I have a question, then. You don't believe me. But, you believe the admins when they say a new style is underfoot. You have no proof. You have even no hints. . .

Wait a week, then my hotair will be released...
The new style does exist. It has been leaked/made available a few times where people could and indeed have had the privilege of seeing it (unintentionally). Having been one of those (unfortunate) people, I personally like the existing colour-scheme more nevertheless, it is impressive in its own way.

But yeah back on topic, it does exist!

And you sir, need to hurry and release your "PhopBamb" so you can get on with your world domination. If you want some help we the "phpBB" members can lend you a hand/leg to get to the top/bottom :mrgreen:
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

Fountain of Apples

By the way, if you wanted to help with phpBB3, where were you while we announced the Community Coding Projects? All those projects were basically phpBB3 development, and are going to be built-into phpBB3.

Also, our 2 latest dev team members were those who signed up for the CCP, so if you wanted to help with phpBB3, all you had to do was sign up!

But no, we got an exceedingly low turnout. That wouldn't have been true if everyone who was complaining had stepped up to the plate and helped.