I am taking the code.

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
AdamR

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by AdamR »

Pit wrote: hay guys im in ur base taking ur code :o
All your code are belong to us?

- Adam
A teacher is one who says, "Stand on my shoulders and reach higher."
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
phpBB Support: Search
My Blog: Technology Edition

q3utom

Post by q3utom »

Pit wrote: hay guys im in ur base taking ur code :o

Haha genius revival.

FronServo at the end of the day people are going to stick with phpbb as everyone who wants a free decent forum knows of it through other boards they use. Plus you can rely on decent support as the userbase is so huge.

As I have said before on here I am quite happy with the 2.0.x version as I really just want my forum for discussion. The flashy features in 3.0 will be nice when they come but they really aren't necessary to a good forum.

Wow just noticed that new feature of telling me something has changed since I started writing this. Genius.

automagnus

Post by automagnus »

joke thread of the year!

FronServo

Post by FronServo »

Yes. Right, sure.

...right... :-)

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

FronServo inspired me. Because I couldn't wait for the release of phpBB 3.0 any longer either, I have started my own php-based BB software project. Unlike FronServo, though, it won't merely be a fork of Olympus. I am starting from scratch. So far it's 4 lines of code.

Soon my program will bury phpBB in popularity! Right now I'm thinking of naming it bbPHP, which is phpBB spelled backwards. Once I'm done, I'll Beta test it with a select group of dyslexics. Plus, the name gives it sort of a Anti-Christ ring to it, don't you think? Well, anyway, I have to go now, because I'm hoping to add another 3 or 4 more lines of code to it before bedtime tonight...

PS: Note my correct use of ellipses here.

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

Oh noes!

MHobbit

Post by MHobbit »

Cap'n Refsmmat wrote: Oh noes!
FronServo is on the path to destruction. He has no chance to survive make his time.
Former phpBB MOD Team Member - No support offered via IM, PM, or email

FronServo

Post by FronServo »

You do know you will all soon be very, very sorry, correct?

Imagine how you'll feel when you realize this is all TRUE in due time. I will laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

BondGamer

Post by BondGamer »

I hope the development team has backups or else the development may be in trouble with the code being taken and all. :roll:

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

FronServo wrote: You do know you will all soon be very, very sorry, correct?

Imagine how you'll feel when you realize this is all TRUE in due time. I will laugh, and laugh, and laugh.
Overconfidence has led to the defeat, failure, or death of many people in history.