I am taking the code.

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Cap'n Refsmmat

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

the_dan wrote: Actually, there is plenty of evidence for the new style floating around. Just for reference.
Like nifty little screenshots on psoTFX's blog. Warped, I might add.

But of course PhopBamb's theme will be so much better.

FronServo

Post by FronServo »

Oh, I see.

Now, question for the devs. If I was able to pull this off in a matter of months - why can't you? Mine is perfectly stable - why isn't yours?

If, devs, you don't believe me, use your imagination, please.

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

By bets are on for:
Bug ridden.
Inferiror in terms of features to phpBB, possibly right now (what you see here, isn't what you get), or maybe, at a stretch, with the final release.
Inferior code standard to phpBB.

Anyone want to join?

AdamR

Post by AdamR »

FronServo wrote: Mine is perfectly stable - why isn't yours?
I retract my previous stament. I have to comment.

Define stable, please. Has your product been used by hundreds of thousands to work out bugs? Has it stood the test of time for security issues? I thought not. I predict you'll be up to your head not knowing what to do just from that alone.

- Adam
A teacher is one who says, "Stand on my shoulders and reach higher."
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
phpBB Support: Search
My Blog: Technology Edition

nuckfan15

Post by nuckfan15 »

Funniest thread evarrrr. In the history of phpBB.

Sorry mods, just had to post it. 8)
Last edited by nuckfan15 on Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

FronServo wrote: Oh, I see.

Now, question for the devs. If I was able to pull this off in a matter of months - why can't you? Mine is perfectly stable - why isn't yours?

Your problem is that you've forgotten that the admins never published a "complete" feature list--some are backend features and didn't make it in. Like the module system, which is very nice and new.

ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

This is quite a laugh. But, AdamR is right about one thing... you have no idea if your product is stable. And many of the features IN Olympus aren't even COMPLETE. But, if you want to publish, fine by me.. but I'm sticking to the official part of phpBB, not some mock-up claiming they are stable.

Things are broken, things need to be fixed, and the devs are working in free-time sometimes. If you can't get that through your head, then you are way too dense to even publish this.
Someplace where it's dark, someplace where it's quiet, I feel at home... I have nowhere to go any longer, as that's what I desire.

FronServo

Post by FronServo »

Cap'n Refsmmat wrote:
FronServo wrote: Oh, I see.

Your problem is that you've forgotten that the admins never published a "complete" feature list--some are backend features and didn't make it in. Like the module system, which is very nice and new.
I have the module system, which has been modified to fit my fancy, and to actually work fine. I've been updating code with every CVS update - soon (as in this week) to be frozen for a stable release. Thus, work will begin on version 1.1. Plus, 'till you stop dev on Olympus, if there's any new features, they will be incorporated into new versions of mine.
nuckfan15 wrote: Funniest thread evarrrr. In the history of phpBB.

Sir, you have just failed your english class.
the_dan wrote: By bets are on for:
Bug ridden.
Inferiror in terms of features to phpBB, possibly right now (what you see here, isn't what you get), or maybe, at a stretch, with the final release.
Inferior code standard to phpBB.

Anyone want to join?
True of course, I can't deny it. There are a few bugs, flaws in the code. This is to be expected. I am finding and destroying said bugs, as is the reason for the late release of mine.
AdamR wrote: I retract my previous stament. I have to comment.

Define stable, please. Has your product been used by hundreds of thousands to work out bugs? Has it stood the test of time for security issues? I thought not. I predict you'll be up to your head not knowing what to do just from that alone.

- Adam
I have tested it for months, i have had quite a large number (438) testing (some, yes, of which come here to find bugs HERE). Not a valid answer.

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

Show us some screenshots or something, or we'll just remember this as the incident of overinflated ego.

Oh wait, it already is. Excuse me.

cooleo100d

Post by cooleo100d »

phpBB.com = Google page rank 9 (basicaly unheard of)
phpBB.com = Alexa rating of 1,667

You don't understand the user-base of phpBB. You have absolutley no way of contending with phpBB.
Last edited by cooleo100d on Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.