Getting an error.

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
the4x4ne

Getting an error.

Post by the4x4ne »

I'm trying to install the cash mod. But I'm getting this error.

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [posting.php] could not find:

$sql = "SELECT f.*, t.topic_status, t.topic_title, t.topic_type

what do i need to do to fix it?

nedemail

Re: Getting an error.

Post by nedemail »

I'm having a simular error with installing the LOEWEN's papypal mod

FIND FAILED: In file [index.php] could not find:

$template->set_filenames(array('body' => 'index_body.tpl'));

MOD script line #186

I think its because it's not compattable with easymod.
How do I make it compattible.

regards
nedemail

Nux

Re: Getting an error.

Post by Nux »

• With problems like that in almost all cases you should contact the author of a MOD.
  • This is not the problem of EM in about 99.99% of cases.
  • Usually the problem is that you installed some other MODs that changed some of your files that the MOD is trying to change, now.
  • Old MODs could also fail even on unmodified board, because phpBB is changing a little with the next versions (or even a little more - especially from version 2.0.17 to 2.0.18).
  • In some cases the MOD could be improved to work with your other MODs (that's why you should contact the author of the MOD).
  • In most cases the instructions causing problems could be done manually (and already used instructions should then be deleted from the MOD file), but to do it properly you should contact the author of the MOD.
And remeber - it's almost always faster to install MODs with EasyMOD and if you are advance enough (can install MODs by hand) then you can probably figure out what is wrong. Further more if you are not able to solve the problem then the MOD author (or someone at the support topic for that MOD) can help you with that.