Community projects

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
tiger2kn5

Community projects

Post by tiger2kn5 »

I was wondering if some of the people doing the community project would mind sharing some insight on how things are going. I ask this because no one seem to be mentioning it anymore, and since things seem to be picking up speed now, wanted some info on the projects...

BTW: to those people that like to bash on the first chance they get. please don't start making this thread one of those that everyone just complains about the speed and about communication, some of us here (yes its not just the admins and mods) are actually sick of all the bashing. So if this post remains open lets try and make it an informational one.

naderman
Consultant

Re: Community projects

Post by naderman »

Hi,

well what can I say? I've applied for the events system about 3 and half months ago now. I've been contacted by the team about a month later. I was told who else I was going to work on my project with and discussion on the forums started. I had already sarted discussing various technical aspects of my project with my team mate before hand because we found out that we both applied for the same project. So quite soon we started writing a few pieces of code that were rather a poc. Discussion with the phpBB team and my team mate formed a clear idea of what we were trying to achieve.
Right now we're doing good progress in my eyes. There's still plenty of work ahead and I cannot tell you what the outcome of this project will be, but I'm looking forward to see what it will result in :)

naderman

tiger2kn5

Post by tiger2kn5 »

Thats nice man. Hopefully things will start moving for you guys and we can see that even system on 3.0 when its out. Thanks for sharing the info

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

It's been over a year now, so I think this wouldn't really be considered "nagging."

So... we've seen that the community projects have reaped benefits (new developers), but have they come up with any working bits? Is 3.2 a decent goal for them?