Blue/Green Screening

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
The Schwa

Blue/Green Screening

Post by The Schwa »

Does anyone here know an easy way to do a blue/green screen effect? I'm doing a project and I'm on a low budget so...... any program that's preferable FREE would be GREAT! thanx :D

Flex

Post by Flex »

Well, get as big a piece of cloth (blue or green), a couple of lights and a software like adobe premiere. Get the object you want to film as far away from the cloth as possible (without having to zoom the camera too far back, i.e. showing what´s beside the cloth), light it, film it.
MovieGod.de - Das Filmforum

The Schwa

Post by The Schwa »

thanx... but i was wondering more about program wise..... can most video editting programs do that kinda thing now?.... I know Adobe Premiere can, but like I said it's a low budget project.... thanx though

The Schwa

Post by The Schwa »

Is there any one who even has the slightest Idea? I found a program that looks pretty good... Jahshaka or something over at sourceforge, but I'm not sure if it can do that or not..... sorry for basically repeating a question but I thought that maybe I didn't word the last post the best..... I'm still looking for a program that can do some blue/or green screening technically called blue/green matte...... if any one has any Idea..... I would be delighted to know! thanx again.

Flex

Post by Flex »

The programm shouldn´t be a real issue, since it only has to filter out those certain colors, i.e. blue or green.

The Bluescreen in itself is far more challenging, since it requires (depending on the scene) a pretty big screen, sometimes several of them, and good lighting.
MovieGod.de - Das Filmforum

The Schwa

Post by The Schwa »

Thanx, I did find a really good program called Zwei-Stein. It can do alot of effects, I haven't had a chance to fully test it out, but from what I here I sounds really good especially for a price of 0!!! Now to actually set up the screen.......... oh boy :roll:

new_user_art

Re: Blue/Green Screening

Post by new_user_art »

Dude, depending on how long your video is and if you've ever used photoshop or any other program that can save a .php you can create anything to delete the object you don't want transparent setting. All you have to have is an .avi converter to jpg or whatever format you are working with. hope for the best I know this is the longer way but working frame by frame is also fun.

also have you looked for a program for your web camera ahhh. maybe you can nevermind hope for the best

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

Do you realize that you're replying to a thread whose last post was more than three-and-a-half years ago?
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

these zombie threads tells us how old this board really is and how loooong we have been patiently waiting (well- sort of patiently); and when someone is bored, then they can pop open one of these old zombie threads to stimulate some activity... ;)

Anon

Post by Anon »

Thread nemocracy bad mmmmmmkay? 8)

Code: Select all

:D|-<
:D/-<
:D\-<