phpBB 2.1.x files ? Where ?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Toad

phpBB 2.1.x files ? Where ?

Post by Toad »

Hello,

Where are the files of phpBB 2.1.x download ?

Thanks.

Tullamore

Re: phpBB 2.1.x files ? Where ?

Post by Tullamore »

:evil: Get them from CVS

crazy4sims

Post by crazy4sims »

what is cvs and how do i use it

markus_petrux

Post by markus_petrux »

crazy4sims

Post by crazy4sims »

but waht do i download to make my 2.0.18 into 3.0.0 or 2.1.X
just like herer on this site

Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

You dont.. This version is still in development, the feature you see in this one have also been copied into MODs for the 2.x line so what the developers suggest is you MOD your 2.x installation as half the features in the CVs version are broken as its still in development..

Yawnster

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

if you don't know how to use CVS, you're going to have issues not only with that, but with this very much pre-release board.

advice: don't do it, you WILl mess something up.

Toad

Post by Toad »

markus_petrux wrote: http://area51.phpbb.com/cvs/" target="_blank
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=7885" target="_blank
On phpbb.com/cvs/ we can not !

markus_petrux

Post by markus_petrux »

If you don't know how to use CVS, then don't keep trying to use Olympus. This board runs development code that is unsupported, the CVS is NOT stable and it won't run as downloaded. So, it will require you to fix every single problem yourself.

Why? Because it is not supported. simple as that ;) Why is it there then? Because CVS is a tool developers tend to use to share their work, heh, because it is open source (note it is not the same as open development, hmm...), also because it is a way for them to show off how they are doing, just like the purpose of this board. You can see how it looks and you can comment with others in these forums about it, but keep yourself away from reporting bugs and feature requests. Not welcome, yet.

Why not? I love phpBB and I want to help them. hmm... simple, because developers may break things while coding. Things that you'll notice as bugs, but they aren't. Most likely developers know what's broken, what's left and what's done. If we all send them bugs, they won't have the time to finish the product which is what you and me and everyone else is wishing.

Why does it take so long to finish this product? Because real life is not a paradise where developers can spend 48 hours a day coding all those wonderfull features everyone wants, just for the sake of it, just for fun. They have jobs, family, good and bad days, they love and hate and live like everyone else. We all should thank them for what they have done to date, for all the time they have spent here for free (not only time, but part of themselves).

The big mistake in Olympus is they said the world they were working on it, which has turned into a nightmare because things aren't really easy. Can you imagine yourself leading such a project? The best we can do is believe in it, support it, love it, show them (the developers) we really appreciate what they do, and maybe then they will find the fun and feel even more encouraged to stress the limits of their genius up, the limits of their everyday matters to keep it going and then, some day, Olympus will reach the point where you won't need to fight against an obscure thing called CVS, which fortunatelly takes me back to the point where my "mini rant" started.

Please, take the time to search for yourself some questions. If you're not prepared to learn, then your loosing your time (and ours) here. Take the time to browse these forums a little, it all has been commented before, a lot of times.

Have a nice day ;)

crazy4sims

Post by crazy4sims »

i i understand i have been in a situwation just like this
but do thay have a point that thay can say we are so far?.................\
and whats done and when not