Keep up the Good Work ..

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Prince of area51

Keep up the Good Work ..

Post by Prince of area51 »

i really dont know wat milestone 3 is .. neither any one else does .. of course only those working on the project know that .. but all i know is that work is now being done .. n look at the commit log .. doesnt it look beautiful .. keep up the good work guyz .. just take ur time .. coz we all know .. good things take time .. i havent updated ma forum for last one year .. still waiting for olympus .. n of course really nice to see new people working on the project .. grahamje .. nice comments man .. "Hello Olympus" .. cant way to say dat :D .. take carez peepz .. n do ur best .. coz we know u can do dat .. 8)

PS .. i will be one the first whose gonna try it out when a 'working' copy is out .. ;) ..

VxJasonxV

Re: Keep up the Good Work ..

Post by VxJasonxV »

Hate to burst your bubble, but most of those commits (all?) are 2.0.x bugfixes, not 3.0 work.

Granted 2.0 fixes will result in a more solid 3.0, but the point still stands :P.
"If You Support It, They Will Come."
"Construction"

code reader

Post by code reader »

VxJasonxV wrote: Hate to burst your bubble, but most of those commits (all?) are 2.0.x bugfixes, not 3.0 work.

Granted 2.0 fixes will result in a more solid 3.0, but the point still stands :P.
wrong on both counts.
from the last 20 commints, 20 are 3.0.
how can you tell? look at file file version number of any file in the commit. 3.0 will look like 1.X, and 2.0, being on a branch, will be 1.X.Y.Z
and, practically none of the 2.0 bugfixes is relevant to 3.0. the code base differs enough by now, that i doubdt a single 2.0 bugfix is transferrable to 3.0, to the extent that the developers dont even bother to check.

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

Incorrect. Both of the latest commits were for 2.0. You can tell by going into the commits and looking for the following line:
Tag: phpBB-2_0_0
This indicates fixes for the 2.0 line. Anything else is probably Olympus.

Edit: 9 of the last 20 have been for the 2.0 line.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

code reader

Post by code reader »

right about the actual commits. :oops:
i referred to the subset of the commits that appears here: http://www.opentools.de/statcvs/commitlog.html" target="_blank
i didnt realize that the 2.0 commits do not show there.
but then again, i assume the first poster really meant those....

Prince of area51

Post by Prince of area51 »

http://www.opentools.de/statcvs/commitlog.html

this is the link for olympus .. n basically .. i was talking about those commits .. for Gods sake ppl .. be a little optimistic .. i find .. there are more critics in here .. coz i think thats really easy job .. no one can help them .. so let critisize .. :roll:

APTX

Post by APTX »

Area51 isn't perfct. Primum non nocere doesn't work around here.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

It used to be alot nicer during 2.0 development
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio

magicfinger

Post by magicfinger »

APTX wrote: Area51 isn't perfct. Primum non nocere doesn't work around here.
if we working on anologies... you cant make an omelette without breaking eggs ;)
The Universal

bjarne

Post by bjarne »

Davidls wrote: It used to be alot nicer during 2.0 development
O can't comment on 2.0 developmen because I wasn't here. Just out of cureosety did 2.0 development take this long?

ps: this is not a hint to speed uu development I understand that unbait work somtimes looses out when famely and the paid job makes demands.

devs: You are doing a great job, keep it up