Editting Options?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
knickers

Editting Options?

Post by knickers »

I wasn't sure where I was suppose to put this. So I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I was just wondering if there was going to be an option where a Mod/Admin edits someone's post, and the user isn't allowed to re-edit it to remove the changes the Mod/Admin did ...
This has been proven to be very annoying on boards where I've changed what someone has said, and given them a warning, then they re-editted it ...

dhn

Re: Editting Options?

Post by dhn »

Yes, this is already possible here. Try to edit your post. ;)

knickers

Post by knickers »

Sweet.
Thanks! :)

You can lock this thread now if you like!

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

You can actually lock your own threads now!

code reader

Post by code reader »

Cap'n Refsmmat wrote: You can actually lock your own threads now!
you can.
unfortunately, its a one-way lock: even if you locked your thread yourself, only a moderator can unlock it.

SamG

Post by SamG »

I guess I don't see why a one-way lock is unfortunate. In my experience, even moderators seldom exercise their power to unlock, and then only with a compelling reason. In practice, a one-way lock will cause very few problems among conscientious users, I think, and yet will at the same time close the door to abuse.