CVS url?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
akurashy

CVS url?

Post by akurashy »

well the documentation doesn't open for me, so i decided to ask here, what the cvs url, i downloaded tortoiseCVS . :mrgreen:

code reader

Re: CVS url?

Post by code reader »

:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/phpbb
password empty. from command line you can also use
:pserver:anonymous:@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/phpbb
which will skip the password question.
project name (for checkout:
phpBB2

akurashy

Post by akurashy »

n C:\DOCUME~1\Akurashy\LOCALS~1\Temp\: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "-Q" "co" "-c"
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/phpbb

Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

Success, CVS operation completed

In C:\DOCUME~1\Akurashy\LOCALS~1\Temp\: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "-Q" "ls" "-q" "/"
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/phpbb

Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password
it keeps asking me for password
what i put in module?
sorry, kinda new in CVS client :(

akurashy

Post by akurashy »

nevermind, is working :D

tiger2kn5

Post by tiger2kn5 »

Since were on the subject

why does it always asks me for psoTFX password when i do a full cvs update. I just hit cancel and it seems to still work, but i was wondering that. It actually just asks me that after it updates.

Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

tiger2kn5 wrote: Since were on the subject

why does it always asks me for psoTFX password when i do a full cvs update. I just hit cancel and it seems to still work, but i was wondering that. It actually just asks me that after it updates.
Doesnt do that for me.. (Im using WinCVS).. And plus im guessing as he has left the phpBB Group he is not an authorised developer of the project anymore.. Strange

tiger2kn5

Post by tiger2kn5 »

Im using TortoiseCVS and it has been doing it even when he was part of the development group. I never paid much attention to it because it still updates (merges the changes) and it pops up the login prompt once its all finish updating, at which point i press cancel, cuz i don't know the password anyways :twisted:

code reader

Post by code reader »

its not related to the cvs gui you use.
it really stems from the way the "snapshots" are built.
i guess you started with a snapshot...
the snapshot files contain CVS directories, and the Root file contains:
:ext:psotfx@cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/phpbb

instead of
:pserver:anonymous:@cvs.sf.net/cvsroot/phpbb

which is what you are supposed to have if you started from scratch.
(i cant understadn how it allows you to continue with the update without psotfx password, though...)

you can correct the situation by editing all the CVS/Root files (each directory has a CVS subdir with a Root file in it) and replacing psotfx login with the anonymous one.

and, while we are at it, i have 2 small requests for the maintainers of the site:
please edit the shell file that is run by the cron job to make the snapshots.
2 changes are requested:
1) after running the cvs command (probably checkout, but maybe update, i dont know), please check the $? environment variable (=last command result), and if it is not 0, either retry the cvs command, or abort the script.
the way it is done now, there are a lot of empty snapshots created, (whenever the cvs command fails, something that happens quite often recently), which just creates noise in the system (just search this site, once the search will work again, for "0.4")
2) when running tar, please add "--exclude CVS".

tiger2kn5

Post by tiger2kn5 »

Yep that was it, thanks. I went throw every single root file, there was only to of them which needed changed, so maybe thats why it let me do the updates because only two of them tried to ask me for his password. There were both images directory so there was never anything to update there anyways