phpBB3 & theFinn

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Dog Cow

phpBB3 & theFinn

Post by Dog Cow »

Didn't James (theFinn) do the first version of phpBB? Why doesn't he come back to work on Olympus? Has he left forever too?

Lastof

Re: phpBB3 & theFinn

Post by Lastof »

theFinn is currently the team leader, a position which he shared with psoTFX during the last few months. (The entire team structure can be seen at http://www.phpbb.com/about/" target="_blank ).
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

Lastof wrote: theFinn is currently the team leader, a position which he shared with psoTFX during the last few months. (The entire team structure can be seen at http://www.phpbb.com/about/" target="_blank ).
Yes, I'm aware of that. But he doesn't seem to do any coding now. :?

dhn

Post by dhn »

Dog Cow wrote: Yes, I'm aware of that. But he doesn't seem to do any coding now. :?
He isn't coding for a few years now, but that doesn't mean that he isn't still playing an important role in the project. phpBB is his baby, and he is still the one who says in which direction the project is going, he is the boss. ;)

who_cares

Post by who_cares »

I noticed he was online today.

dhn

Post by dhn »

who_cares wrote: I noticed he was online today.
I see he got himself his very own stalker, then. ;) Yah, duh to the recent developments he is forced to become a little more active again. Don't expect to see him often, though. He has enough to do with his own company.

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

I think it would be great if he took over coding for Olympus! Is there any chance of that happening?

Black_Hole

Post by Black_Hole »

Dog Cow wrote: I think it would be great if he took over coding for Olympus! Is there any chance of that happening?
if you want to work his job for him :)

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

Ok, so it seems like theFinn is out of any hard cpre programming. Pity, though Olympus could use his talent.

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

It looks like Guest SIDs are working but not when logged in? :|