About Beta

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Tolaria

About Beta

Post by Tolaria »

No, I'm not asking for release prevision or similar.

I would just like to know if at some point there will be a release date or we will woke up a day and read at an email "Phpbb 3.0 Is now at its beta stage!".

just courious ;)

bye :)

ScionCrow

Re: About Beta

Post by ScionCrow »

The DEV team will announce the BETA release of Olympus. But, they will not provide a release date.
Someplace where it's dark, someplace where it's quiet, I feel at home... I have nowhere to go any longer, as that's what I desire.

trinest

Post by trinest »

Wonder if it will ever be beta.

ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

When it finally is released, Olympus will go through a few BETA cycles before becomming a Release Candidate, after a few of those, then it will finally be a "Final Release" by the time everything has been finalized and all is stable.
Someplace where it's dark, someplace where it's quiet, I feel at home... I have nowhere to go any longer, as that's what I desire.

macX

Post by macX »

i hope it soon cause the 2x sucks major on exploits and code

ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

macX wrote: i hope it soon cause the 2x sucks major on exploits and code
No forum system is "fail-safe" at all. 2.0.XX still has some bugs and possible security issues granted and so will Olympus. That's why the Developers rely on the users to report any bug threats or possible security risks and all that.

who_cares

Post by who_cares »

ScionCrow wrote: The DEV team will announce the BETA release of Olympus. But, they will not provide a release date.
so the beta date is set?

ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

It's been said many many times... the DEV Team will not set a release date. It's in the 2.1, 2.2 FAQ that's a global announcement.. This is so that they won't be rushed into getting Olympus released and make it as stable as possible.

who_cares

Post by who_cares »

ScionCrow wrote: It's been said many many times... the DEV Team will not set a release date. It's in the 2.1, 2.2 FAQ that's a global announcement.. This is so that they won't be rushed into getting Olympus released and make it as stable as possible.
kinda fits with
ScionCrow wrote: The DEV team will announce the BETA release of Olympus. But, they will not provide a release date.
but you made it sound like a beta date was set but no release date

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

I took him to mean that they will provide announcements for the release of beta(s), the RC(s), and the final 3.0, but that they will not announce any release dates for any of them before they are released.

And this is consistent with the notion that the devs and support team have recently (this year) indicated no more guesstimates for release dates, zilch, nada, Nein danke!, etc.

I think we will be lucky to even see a 3.0 features lists before the final 3.0 release, because even that is floating now with all the other potential community feature contributions that "may" make it into 3.0 or possibly not (i.e. some may make it in or maybe all are postponed until 3.2+) and it all just "depends" as the devs have recently noted on here...