PHPBB3 Forum Permissons

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
shroodoo

PHPBB3 Forum Permissons

Post by shroodoo »

I have installed a snapshot of the phpbb3 cvs. And i was wondering if the final release is going to have those awarkward forum permissions that it currentlye has!

It took me nearley 3 days to find out how to make the forum visible to regsitered users but not to guests etc.

what ever happens i will still be a loyal fan of phpbb!!
Shroodoo.co.uk

q3utom

Re: PHPBB3 Forum Permissons

Post by q3utom »

It has been mentioned that there maybe a simple version.

cooleo100d

Post by cooleo100d »

According to this announcment, the permission system will be made much easier to use and user friendly.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=274012" target="_blank

shroodoo

Post by shroodoo »

Thanks, i was just wondering. Dows any one know if the permissions system will be anything the one currentley used in phpbb 2.0.12
Shroodoo.co.uk

-jm-

Post by -jm- »

shroodoo wrote: Thanks, i was just wondering. Dows any one know if the permissions system will be anything the one currentley used in phpbb 2.0.12
latest version 2.0.17 ;)

No ... we don't know how will be this simpler permission system like

shroodoo

Post by shroodoo »

thanks, i cant wait for phpbb3 to be released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
Shroodoo.co.uk

VxJasonxV

Post by VxJasonxV »

Hopefully they have the current system as an 'advanced' mode. And scale it down to presets, like they have in 2.x

The flexibility of the current system is absolutely amazing, and the saving/loading/defaults would make it a breeze.

While I highly doubt this will happen, psoTFX and Dev Team:
PLEASE DO NOT SACRIFICE ANY OF THIS FLEXIBILITY!!!!
"If You Support It, They Will Come."
"Construction"

ChALkeR

Post by ChALkeR »

agree with previous post
Sorry for my bad English....

Viperal2

Post by Viperal2 »

VxJasonxV wrote: Hopefully they have the current system as an 'advanced' mode. And scale it down to presets, like they have in 2.x

The flexibility of the current system is absolutely amazing, and the saving/loading/defaults would make it a breeze.

While I highly doubt this will happen, psoTFX and Dev Team:
PLEASE DO NOT SACRIFICE ANY OF THIS FLEXIBILITY!!!!
The current permissions behavor was not intended, it actually a bug. It's meant to behave the simular to phpbb2, with the added ignore feild.

I myself like the feel of the distint permission per the users default grp, with the cvs gives the feeling it is doing, instead of the inherit grp permission like in phpbb2.

If the update changes to distint, it make having users in more than one grp useless for permission purposes. On the other hand if it's done(fixed) the why phpbb2 is, it familiar to upgraders but not the phpbb3 feel we love and know .... :lol:.

But it's up to the developers to make that choose, mostliky it would be more like the why phpbb2 acts. Maybe they'll add a default grp only setting ;)
What is The Viperal ?

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/viperals/" target="_blank