MODs Reappearing

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Zanejin

Re: MODs Reappearing

Post by Zanejin »

No, I am not trying to re-install MODs on a refreshed phpBB forum. I was using phpBB 2.0.8a at first when I installed EasyMOD, then I updated, not re-installed, my phpBB to version 2.0.10 (using AcydBurn's "phpBB 2.0.8 to phpBB 2.0.10 Code Changes" MOD) so that the MODs that were previously installed would still be existant on the forum.

However, after I completed the update, I looked at the "Uninstalled MODs" list of EasyMOD, and all the MODs that were installed were on the list! I just want to get rid of the already installed MODs.

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Hmm... if you ran the update_to_210.php file afterwards, EasyMOD probably doesn't know that your files are already MODded.

If that's the case, Nuttzy should build-in a feature like the EMC feature thingy at the top of a MOD. Something like "No Upgrade" or something. I don't know.... :lol:

Zanejin

Post by Zanejin »

Yes, you're correct, I did run the "update_to_210.php" file after using the update MOD.

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

First of all there is no "Uninstalled" list. There is an "Unprocessed" list which says what hasn't yet been installed for this version of phpBB.

Bottom line: if you don't want the file to appear on the list, then go to your admin/mods directory and delete or move the directories in there. Then the MODs will no longer show up on the list.

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site

Zanejin

Post by Zanejin »

Okay then, I guess I'll do that. And sorry for my mistake about the "Unprocessed MODs" list.

Desummoner

Post by Desummoner »

Summary for discussed case (for current EM 0.1.13 it still actual):
If you install some MODs and then update phpBB using update MOD all prev. installed MOD will reappear in Unprocessed MODs list because EM doesn't know that update was done using consistent method (I mean phpBB update MOD).

To fix this problem you can update (as was mentioned above) field mod_phpBB_version in phpbb_easymod table (table can be named differently if you use other than default table prefix when installed phpBB).

For example, if your current phpBB version is 2.0.15 you can use such SQL to accomplish this:

Code: Select all

UPDATE `phpbb_easymod` SET `mod_phpBB_version` = '2.0.15';

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Thanks, this was a big help. I had the same problem after updating my board to 2.0.16. Your suggestion resolved the problem. This may be a recurring issue as we continue to upgrade our boards...

:lol:

markus_petrux

Post by markus_petrux »

...or you could apply this small hack to EasyMOD itself, so it ignores the phpBB version changes when checking if a MOD has been already processed.

OPEN: admin/admin_easymod.php

FIND:

$row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result) ;
	if ( $row['mod_phpBB_version'] == $phpbb_version)
	{
		return false ;
	}
	else
	{
		return true ;
	}
REPLACE WITH:

if ( !$db->sql_fetchrow($result) )
	{
		return true;
	}
	return false;

markus_petrux

Post by markus_petrux »

*** gentle bump ***

Any chance to add above "fix" to a future version of EM?

Not sure to understand why EM "wishes" to mark as unprocessed all installed MODs when upgrading phpBB itself? It sounds like an annoying bug... or am I missing something?

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

That check was designed for when you uploaded a fresh install of the upgraded files and, as such, overwrote your MODded files. It does not take into account whether you use AcydBurn's upgrade MODs. So, it would do better to be expanded, not removed.