Anyone else enjoy reading the commit logs?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Greeger

Anyone else enjoy reading the commit logs?

Post by Greeger »

This seems like a good place for this discussion, maybe break away from the constant "When will it be out?"

I'm sure you all have browsed the CVS commit logs at http://area51.phpbb.com/statcvs/

If you haven't you should take a look sometime. Some of the developer's comments are rather interesting. I also find it funny that the top comment is "oopsie," just recently catching up to "Styling Stuff."

The graphs are pretty 'nifty' too, They seem to enforce the idea that we are in the home stretch although that is not the purpose of this post.

alcaeus

Re: Anyone else enjoy reading the commit logs?

Post by alcaeus »

Yup, i do. My recent favorites:
psoTFX wrote: Blimey! A commit ... what's more, a commit from me ... quick, run for the hills the world must be ending.
5 Minutes later:
psoTFX wrote: Me again ... yep, keep running ... that there sky will be a falling any time now
Or:
psoTFX wrote: Wanted ... someone who can commit updates without screwing up, will pay top dollar.
Kinda funny :lol:

Greetz
alcaeus

q3utom

Post by q3utom »

Haha yes they are always full of interesting querks. One I think was oops actually forgot to commit anything.

saltydx

Post by saltydx »

psoTFX wrote: It's been a while since I wrote schemas for non-mysql DB's ... so don't be surprised if they are spectacularly incorrect
:lol:

Techboy

Post by Techboy »

BartVB wrote: It's really hard to get a commit right the first time. Really\! It is\!
acydburn wrote: damn

Greeger

Post by Greeger »

acydburn wrote: - first try to break things...
Day later..
acydburn wrote: - and my second attempt

I'm happy to report that there were no "oospie" comments after those. :)

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

It always adds a smile to my face to see a new commit... 90% of the time they're pretty funny!

CableMonkey

Post by CableMonkey »

I still love the logs from the config.php file. Those always bring a smile to my face.

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

That's gold :lol:

MKruer

Post by MKruer »

I am waiting for one of them that says something to the effect “Oh $#!^, undo, undo… Awe (%@) no, no, go the other way…” followed by then next update that’s says, “Sorry guys, I toasted the entire repository, have to start from scratch”
:mrgreen: