Close area51 discussion board and work full time on 3.0....

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Phil911

Close area51 discussion board and work full time on 3.0....

Post by Phil911 »

With all the time the phpBB admins spend posting here they could better use the time working on 3.0 8O 8O

Let's face it, we don't get ANY help with questions like when it will be done or why this doesn't work. If you would just work full time on 3.0 with updates via CVS stats page & phpBB.com news (and not spam these forums with, "We're working hard" and "nothing more we can do, we don't owe you anything btw" it would get done much faster...

psoTFX

Re: Close area51 discussion board and work full time on 3.0.

Post by psoTFX »

Indeed ... and when we do I'll be sure to post a message in large type noting it was you, Phil911 who suggested this obvious solution. Of course to ensure you receive all the praise such a solution will bring I'll be sure to note your email and IP details in said message. Ya know, just to ensure people know how to contact you. I wouldn't want anyone crediting myself or our teams with such a brilliant way forward.

Phil911

Post by Phil911 »

....and when phpBB 3.0 is released 3 years before expected because you stopped making those smart ass comments (as above) and started coding, it would be an honor to have my name on that (and my proxy IP).

grrrlromeo

Post by grrrlromeo »

Sure...they could close the development board...but then...where would they test the code that's been written? hmm? Maybe their time would be better spent using a private development board where'd they'd have to make a bunch of test user accounts and come up with a crap load of test data.

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

psoTFX wrote: Indeed ... and when we do I'll be sure to post a message in large type noting it was you, Phil911 who suggested this obvious solution. Of course to ensure you receive all the praise such a solution will bring I'll be sure to note your email and IP details in said message. Ya know, just to ensure people know how to contact you. I wouldn't want anyone crediting myself or our teams with such a brilliant way forward.
LOL :lol:

Yes, I'm sure that his inbox would remain spam free, for around 20 seconds...

alcaeus

Post by alcaeus »

:roll:

sure...and since they're at it, maybe they should just stop world poverty as well instead of writing here? Phil, if you paid just a little attention to anything you'd know that Paul is not exactly the lead developer anymore, but instead he's project co-manager. I guess that position really gives him the right to talk like that.
And oh.... *looks at incoming mails*....aren't those CVS checkin mails coming in? Oh...I guess Paul couldn't get any sleep between 3 and 4 am because you beat him so hard :roll:
Honestly....get a life, I think it's time people stop being smartasses and just appreciate the work they do.

Greetz
alcaeus

Phil911

Post by Phil911 »

grrrlromeo wrote: Sure...they could close the development board...but then...where would they test the code that's been written? hmm? Maybe their time would be better spent using a private development board where'd they'd have to make a bunch of test user accounts and come up with a crap load of test data.

Where the [F][K] did I say close the development board? I said [b]Discussion[/b] retard... meaning this board we're in now. Look at the past 10 topics to see nothing but spam....
Last edited by Phil911 on Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

Phil911 wrote:
grrrlromeo wrote: Sure...they could close the development board...but then...where would they test the code that's been written? hmm? Maybe their time would be better spent using a private development board where'd they'd have to make a bunch of test user accounts and come up with a crap load of test data.

Where the [F][K] did I say close the development board? I said [b]Discussion[/b] retard... meaning this board we're in now.
[/quote]

"Discussion" is a forum, not a board. "Area51 Discussion Board" is ambiguous at best, and at worst, refers to area51's Development Board.

With that said, what would closing one forum do? Everyone would simply post the crap that was in this forum in another. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Phil911

Post by Phil911 »

DeadEye686 wrote:
Phil911 wrote:

Where the [F][K] did I say close the development board? I said [b]Discussion[/b] retard... meaning this board we're in now.
[/quote]

"Discussion" is a forum, not a board. "Area51 Discussion Board" is ambiguous at best, and at worst, refers to area51's Development Board.

With that said, what would closing one forum do? Everyone would simply post the crap that was in this forum in another. That makes no sense whatsoever.
[/quote]

I don't give a [F][U][C][K] where you came from or what you speak. But look up what they mean before you open your trap. As this WHOLE FORUM WE'RE ON is called the "Dev Board" if I wanted this closed I would've said "CLOSE THE Dev Board". But I didn't I said close the discussion board...

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

[quote="Phil911"]
[quote="DeadEye686"]
[quote="Phil911"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't give a [F][U][C][K] where you can from or what you speak. But look up what they mean before you open your trap. As this is called the "Dev Board" if I wanted this closed I would've said "CLOSE THE Dev Board". But I didn't so go suck up a cup of STFU
[/quote]

All righty.