Cannot get easmod installed

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Blondie357

Cannot get easmod installed

Post by Blondie357 »

I have recently upgraded my forum but due to troubles I had to pretty much start from scratch and I want to get back to installing my mods. I am trying to install EasyMod and I CANNOT get it to work no matter what I try. I have followed the instructions to a T, I have read the FAQ (all 7 links listed). When I go to run the install on EasyMod, I get an error that Easymod is already installed. Yes I have tried the version changer, yes I have tried deleting the entire mod directory and starting over and yes I have physically deleted the mod tables in an attempt to start clean...all with that same error message. I tried installing it manually, which caused my admin control panel to break (loaded a blank page) so I in turn started ALL over again and deleted/redownloaded and installed my board again. I tried once more to install easymod and Im still getting this error message. I have no links in my admin control panel until I try the version changer, once I do that, all it gives me is that version changer link. There is no link to install mods or anything else. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? I've been struggling with this for two days and my other post never got answered so I'm hoping this one does.

Thanks

Nux

Re: Cannot get easmod installed

Post by Nux »

Maybe you'll have better luck instaling the next version (coming soon as said by wGeric). I would say you didn't complit the instalation, althought I don't know if it's because you didn't click something or just something got messed up. If you would paste some info on your board or the extra info that EasyMOD provides, it could be helpfull to solve your problem.

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Yes, grab the latest version (0.2.0a). Also, you need to do more work than just installing the Version Changer. You also need to actually change the version. ;)

Blondie357

Post by Blondie357 »

I have the latest version and I DID try changing it. Nothing is working! I've installed this mod several times in the past so I know how to do the installation..its just not taking and I cannot figure out why. Now when I go to try the install (php file) all I get is a message stating I dont have permission to view this web page. I've checked all my chmode settings and they are all fine. I'm at a loss.

Nux

Post by Nux »

It looks like you are missing some files - maybe you have made some typo in the address of the instalation file. Be sure that you didn't and have copied the file in the right dir (admin/mods/easymod/).

Blondie357

Post by Blondie357 »

I've done all that.

Nux

Post by Nux »

Reload the phpBB2/templates/subSilver/admin/index_navigate.tpl from backups or new phpBB instalation. Then try the version changer and then try to reinstall EM.

Blondie357

Post by Blondie357 »

Don't know if that worked but I finally got it installed. Ty!!!! :D