Fix for recent install problems in 0.2.0

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Fix for recent install problems in 0.2.0

Post by TerraFrost »

If you have downloaded 0.2.0a then you don't need to apply these fixes. If you downloaded 0.2.0, you can either apply these fixes yourself or go and download 0.2.0a. - wGEric

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
easymod_install.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
if ( file_exists(@phpbb_realpath($phpbb_root_path . $script_path . 'language/lang_easymod_' . preg_replace("/language\/lang_(.*)\//", "\\1", $lang_files[$i]['path']) . '.' .$phpEx)) )
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]----------------------------------
#
if ( file_exists(@phpbb_realpath($phpbb_root_path . $script_path . 'languages/lang_easymod_' . preg_replace("/language\/lang_(.*)\//", "\\1", $lang_files[$i]['path']) . '.' .$phpEx)) )
#
#
$command_file->afile[] = "copy language/lang_easymod_" . preg_replace("/language\/lang_(.*)\//", "\\1", $lang_files[$i]['path']) . ".$phpEx ../../../" . $lang_files[$i]['path'] . 'lang_easymod.' . $phpEx ;
#
#
$command_file->afile[] = "copy languages/lang_easymod_" . preg_replace("/language\/lang_(.*)\//", "\\1", $lang_files[$i]['path']) . ".$phpEx ../../../" . $lang_files[$i]['path'] . 'lang_easymod.' . $phpEx ;
#
#
$command_file->afile[] = "copy language/lang_easymod_english.$phpEx ../../../" . $lang_files[$i]['path'] . 'lang_easymod.' . $phpEx ;
#
#
$command_file->afile[] = "copy languages/lang_easymod_english.$phpEx ../../../" . $lang_files[$i]['path'] . 'lang_easymod.' . $phpEx ;
#
#
easymod_display_functions.php
#
#
if (test_ftp( $ftp_user, $ftp_pass, $ftp_dir, $ftp_host, true, $ftp_type, $ftp_cache))
#
#
if (test_ftp( $ftp_user, $ftp_pass, $ftp_dir, $ftp_host, $ftp_port, true, $ftp_type, $ftp_cache))
#
#
em_includes/em_functions.php
#
#
if ( copy( 'language/lang_easymod_'.$language.'.' . $phpEx, $phpbb_root_path . 'EM_test.txt'))
#
#
if ( copy( 'languages/lang_easymod_'.$language.'.' . $phpEx, $phpbb_root_path . 'EM_test.txt'))
After making these changes (or atleast I hope that that's all of them), EasyMOD worked for me. Let me know if it works / doesn't work for you.

A new version of EasyMOD incorporating these changes (and a few more) should be out soon, but in the interim, if ya'll could test 'em out, that'd be great. Thanks :)
Last edited by wGEric on Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimmygoon

Re: Fix for recent install problems

Post by jimmygoon »

This fix DID work for me. Thank you very much!

Blondie357

Post by Blondie357 »

I tried that but still no luck, more information in my other post.

BitterDream

Post by BitterDream »

Working in localhost, after the above fix.
admin_easymod.php, looking for: admin_easymod.php
Confirmed!

mod_install.tpl: verifying existence
Confirmed!

Updating EasyMOD table data
Storing config table entries: Done

Executing SQL: INSERT INTO phpbb_easymod ( mod_title, mod_file, mod_version, mod_author_handle, mod_author_email, mod_author_name, mod_author_url, mod_description, mod_process_date, mod_phpBB_version, mod_processed_themes, mod_processed_langs, mod_files_edited, mod_tables_added, mod_tables_altered, mod_rows_inserted) VALUES ( 'EasyMOD', 'easymod/easymod_install.php', '0.2.0', 'Nuttzy', 'pktoolkit@blizzhackers.com', 'n/a', 'http://www.blizzhackers.com', 'EasyMOD automatically perfoms in seconds which previously required the tedious task of manually editing files.', 1119515528, '2.0.15', 'subSilver; subSilver; ptifo', 'english; italian', 0, 1, 0, 1)

Progress :: . Done
Result :: No errors

Installation Confirmed. EasyMOD is installed!
You can now proceed to the Admin Control Panel and select "Install MODs" under "MOD Center". You may install the included MODs if you desire. Return to Forum Index.

firsty

Post by firsty »

worked for me. thanks!

calimus

Post by calimus »

This did the trick for me as well. Thanks :D

badmatty

Post by badmatty »

Your fanbase is growing...LOL

This worked perfectly.
a very boring sig

wGEric

Post by wGEric »

Please don't use this topic for support. Make a new one.
Eric

Dash_Merc

Re: Fix for recent install problems in 0.2.0

Post by Dash_Merc »

Arrrgh, me mateys, it doesn't work.

It keeps telling me:
CRITICAL ERROR: the lang_easymod_english. file could not be found in the easymod/languages directory. EasyMOD cannot be installed without this file present.
That's an exact quote of the output that occurs when I try to open the file.

Is there something missing? Did I not do it right? I opened Dreamweaver and used find and replace in all three files. No change from the original message, quoted above.

Maybe it's my host? http://www.byethost.com" target="_blank

The forum's at http://dashmerc.byethost15.com/PHPBB2/

and the installer's at

http://dashmerc.byethost15.com/PHPBB2/e ... nstall.php.

Please help.

Thank you,

Dash

<EDIT>
I just tried to navigate to the lang_easymod_english.php file here, but it says "the page cannot be displayed." Is that supposed to happen, or does that mean that even though the file is actually there, it just can't see it?

Sorry to bug so much!