My opinion

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
cyberphere32

My opinion

Post by cyberphere32 »

I think it would be great if you can put a reputation system and a litle icon (next to pm) under the post to report it to moderator if somebody thinks that post needs to be moderated !

Graham

Re: My opinion

Post by Graham »

Reporting posts is already present, however you can't see it here because the permissions are set such that only very few people can use it at present.

As for karma, it will not be in 3.0 - it was removed from the code a while ago.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

cyberphere32

Post by cyberphere32 »

Graham wrote: Reporting posts is already present, however you can't see it here because the permissions are set such that only very few people can use it at present.

As for karma, it will not be in 3.0 - it was removed from the code a while ago.
And why is karma removed ? Will i be able to put that mod on the forum like this in the future ?

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Because Karma "done right" is a hard thing to do ... and given the timeframe and remaining TODO list I scrapped it from 3.0.

cyberphere32

Post by cyberphere32 »

But karma is very good thing for a forum ! If you arent going to do that,you are maybe not going to do something else ,and thet is why many people use vbulletin ! You just dont keep up with other forums. Karma on vbulletin exists for long time,and you are making new version of vbulletin and it still hasnt karma on itself...Bad... :(
I think you should really do it,and then it would be forum NO. 1 :D

Viperal2

Post by Viperal2 »

cyberphere32 wrote: But karma is very good thing for a forum ! If you arent going to do that,you are maybe not going to do something else ,and thet is why many people use vbulletin ! You just dont keep up with other forums. Karma on vbulletin exists for long time,and you are making new version of vbulletin and it still hasnt karma on itself...Bad... :(
I think you should really do it,and then it would be forum NO. 1 :D
There was a long debate about this, you can search for it if you like.

I'm certain that it would not be in the offical, but surely it would be avalible as a mod a few weeks after release.
What is The Viperal ?

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/viperals/" target="_blank

cyberphere32

Post by cyberphere32 »

But i want to know why isnt it going to be in official ? Its a good feature,and it would be good to work parallely with ither forums like vbulletin !

Can somebody from people who are making this new forum tell me why isnt karizma going to be inside it ?

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

cyberphere32 wrote: But i want to know why isnt it going to be in official ? Its a good feature,and it would be good to work parallely with ither forums like vbulletin !
Then you can read Paul's summary that he gave you, or go through the 30+ page thread where this was discussed ad nauseum. The karma system in vBull is laughable at best in its effectiveness, and I'm certain that the phpBB team didn't want to put out something similar - it's simply a very difficult thing to develop correctly, and it requires a very clear vision. It will no doubt be released as a mod quickly after release.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

cyberphere32 wrote: But i want to know why isnt it going to be in official ? Its a good feature,and it would be good to work parallely with ither forums like vbulletin !
If Jelsoft were to give away a pile of horse poo ... would you demand phpBB do likewise? No, of course not. As I've said and as others have indicated to you, this topic has been discussed ... my decision was taken on sound basis and Meik will not be reversing it (nor would I allow him to) for 3.0.
cyberphere32 wrote: Can somebody from people who are making this new forum tell me why isnt karizma going to be inside it ?
I already have ... or does a response from the former dev team leader, current CTO/co-CEO and single largest contributor of source to all phpBB projects not count :P and :D

warmweer

Post by warmweer »

cyberphere32 wrote: But karma is very good thing for a forum !
That ... is a matter of opinion.
cyberphere32 wrote: You just dont keep up with other forums. Karma on vbulletin exists for long time,and you are making new version of vbulletin and it still hasnt karma on itself...Bad... :(
A new version of VBulletin ?
Oh, lay off the booze will you Image

I'm restraining myself from commenting any further. sigh...
Procrastination is my hobby, but I keep on postponing it.