***Read this if your EasyMOD table is not being created***

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
GPHemsley

***Read this if your EasyMOD table is not being created***

Post by GPHemsley »

If anyone has any problems with the EasyMOD table not being created, and are getting the following error, please follow the directions below.
Error Message wrote: Result :: Some queries failed, the statements and errors are listing below

Error :: Invalid default value for 'mod_id'
SQL :: CREATE TABLE phpbb_easymod ( mod_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' auto_increment, mod_title varchar(50) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_file varchar(255) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_version varchar(15) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_author_handle varchar(25) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_author_email varchar(100) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_author_name varchar(100) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_author_url varchar(100) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_description text NULL DEFAULT '', mod_process_date int(11) NULL DEFAULT '0', mod_phpBB_version varchar(15) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_processed_themes varchar(200) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_processed_langs varchar(200) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_files_edited mediumint(8) NULL DEFAULT '0', mod_tables_added mediumint(8) NULL DEFAULT '0', mod_tables_altered mediumint(8) NULL DEFAULT '0', mod_rows_inserted mediumint(8) NULL DEFAULT '0', PRIMARY KEY (mod_id))

This is probably nothing to worry about, install will continue. Should this fail to complete you may need to seek help at our development board.

OPEN

easymod_install.php

FIND
easymod_install.php, Line 982 wrote:

Code: Select all

mod_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' auto_increment,

REPLACE WITH
easymod_install.php, Line 982 wrote:

mod_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL auto_increment,
Please do not post any more topics related to this error. Thank you.

kooky

Re: ***Read this if your EasyMOD table is not being created*

Post by kooky »

Hi

your are partially right, but something could be wrong.

mod_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL auto_increment,
should be

mod_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED NOT NULL auto_increment,
Because the type INTEGER uses values between ~ -2.000.000.000 and +2.000.000.000
UNSIGNED will start from 0 (zero) to +4.000.000.000 :)
Test signature wihout U

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

That's true, but I don't think any other phpBB tables do that, so I don't know. That's a lot of MODs!

Alkah

Post by Alkah »

sorry but this is what i have under line 982

echo '<form method="post" name="lang" action="easymod_install.' . $phpEx . "\">\n" 

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Alkah wrote: sorry but this is what i have under line 982

echo '<form method="post" name="lang" action="easymod_install.' . $phpEx . "\">\n" 
Are you sure you have the latest version of EasyMOD, are looking at the right file, and have the line numbers correct? If so, I don't know why the line number wouldn't match, but scroll up or down to find the correct line.