Is this board using the latest version

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
rssfed23

Is this board using the latest version

Post by rssfed23 »

Hi there,

Just wondering Is this board using the latest version of phpBB 2.1x (as found in cvs) or does it use one of these versions and then update once in a while (ps. is it easy to update this way),

Many thanks,

Rob

Graham

Re: Is this board using the latest version

Post by Graham »

Yes it is using the latest code
No it isn't using the latest code
Maybe it is using the latest code.

The answer quite simply depends on what point in time you look and what you call the latest code.

This is a development site, sometimes it is running code ahead of what is in CVS, sometimes it is running code that is behind what is in CVS, sometimes it is running the same code as is in CVS.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

Spectral Dragon

Post by Spectral Dragon »

About how often is this board updated? it's looking more and more complete all the time.

I'm assuming that this is pretty much updated regularly, I am seeing a lot of good changes since I took a good look last january I believe (maybe before that even). It's putting that dot in the pic now next to the topic title when I post in a thread. Haven't tested that for a new thread yet. Search works again, and doesn't have all those flaws I saw before. Haven't checked the UCP yet.

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

Spectral Dragon wrote: About how often is this board updated? it's looking more and more complete all the time.
Fairly often I think - Ever so often it's inacessable for a few minutes, or errors relating to database structure changes appear etc.

Administrater

Post by Administrater »

If you want to know because you want to find vulnerabilities in CVS and hack
into this board, don't even try, because it doesn't run the same exact code
as CVS. It's more secure than the CVS development versions.

Spectral Dragon

Administrater wrote: If you want to know because you want to find vulnerabilities in CVS and hack
into this board, don't even try, because it doesn't run the same exact code
as CVS. It's more secure than the CVS development versions.
Why would I want to hack phpBB and cause even further delay with the new release??

That would be worse than trying to fool people by calling yourself "administrator" 8O

rssfed23

Post by rssfed23 »

Yeah, why would we want to delay a new version,
i was just wondering because it seems pretty stable on this board and when i try to run the CVS versions it dosent work very well

Caveman

Post by Caveman »

As it is, I am already getting quite excited over the new version (good God I need a life), but it would need to be at least something close to stable, which these forums appear to be.

I assume there are still issues with the back end ?
"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"

Spectral Dragon

Caveman wrote: As it is, I am already getting quite excited over the new version (good God I need a life), but it would need to be at least something close to stable, which these forums appear to be.

I assume there are still issues with the back end ?
Well, I did notice the UCP still needs work but that's about all I can find.

dmaj007

Post by dmaj007 »

rssfed23 wrote: Yeah, why would we want to delay a new version,
i was just wondering because it seems pretty stable on this board and when i try to run the CVS versions it dosent work very well
I am using and working on a copy of the CVS version, I have never had a problem yet. Where do you see problems?